Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PirateRum ROM HELP!!!

Options
  • 11-10-2010 10:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have just installed the PirateRum ROM on my HTC Desire through the Rom Manager.

It seemed to install alright, but all I am getting is the PIRATE RUM logo on the main screen and am unable to get any further than this....

Is this a screen saver thingy and if so how do I unlock the screen!!

I am just hoping I haven't messed my phone up!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭breeno

Hi,

I have just installed the PirateRum ROM on my HTC Desire through the Rom Manager.

It seemed to install alright, but all I am getting is the PIRATE RUM logo on the main screen and am unable to get any further than this....

Is this a screen saver thingy and if so how do I unlock the screen!!

I am just hoping I haven't messed my phone up!!

Did you do a wipe first?

The firat boot after installing a rom always takes a lot longer than normal. Hang in there!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭cullenswood

breeno wrote: »
    Did you do a wipe first?

The firat boot after installing a rom always takes a lot longer than normal. Hang in there!

Its been stuck like this for a few hours!

Did you do a full wipe before flashing? If not, that has probably led to the problem.

First step - pull the battery out, put it back in and try to boot again.....

Did you do a full wipe before flashing? If not, that has probably led to the problem.

First step - pull the battery out, put it back in and try to boot again.....

Nope I dont think I did a full wipe :(

What should I do after reboot as that screen is still coming up!

Pull the battery again and put back in. Restart in recovery mode (hold volume down and power button together. A white screen should appear with a few options. Select recovery(using volume keys to move up/down and power button to select. Then try to reboot.

Hopefully this works. If not, we have another option, dont worry ;)

• Advertisement

Pull the battery again and put back in. Restart in recovery mode (hold volume down and power button together. A white screen should appear with a few options. Select recovery(using volume keys to move up/down and power button to select. Then try to reboot.

Hopefully this works. If not, we have another option, dont worry ;)

Panicking now.....same thing...same screen still coming up

Ok, power on while holding volume down key again and this time select apply update.zip. That should bring you into clockwork recovery once rom manager installed it properly. Let me know when you get to clockwork recovery....

Ok, power on while holding volume down key again and this time select apply update.zip. That should bring you into clockwork recovery once rom manager installed it properly. Let me know when you get to clockwork recovery....
    No such file or directory.....installation aborted!!

Sh1t sh1t sh1t!

It's ok. Do you have a way to access your sd card. Maybe through a card reader or something?

It's ok. Do you have a way to access your sd card. Maybe through a card reader or something?

I can get a card reader tomorrow. Left it in work

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭osnola ibax

You are ok mate, you're phone is fine, once you get anything out of it at all its fully recoverable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭osnola ibax

Can you actually get into clockwork recovery, green writing on black background, did you do a nandroid back up before installing?

Well when you do get access you need to put an update.zip on the root of your sd card and apply update.zip in recovery mode.

That will bring you into clockwork recovery and you can do a full wipe including partitions, also including going into advanced menu and wiping dalvik cache and the click install zip from sd card and installing the rom again.

I'm trying to track down the file for you now.....

Breeno,

Thanks a million for your help last nite. Got phone back in working order this morning. Thought I had messed it up!

Must have been the failure to wipe that caused the problem? I thought I had read somewhere that there was only a need to do this the first time I changed Rom.

Thanks again

No problem mate, glad I could help :D

PS Is the piraterum rom any good??

Not a massive fan of it myself and have switched back to Pinky already! Might try it again in a few days as I think my original panic had tempered my opinion!

Advertisement