Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O2 Unlocked Desire on Meteor wanting Froyo 2.2

Options
  • 25-08-2010 12:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

I got a HTC Desire branded to O2. As soon as I did, I ran down to the phone unlockers to get it unlocked so i could put in my meteor sim. that works fine but now i want to get the latest 2.2 android OS but O2 havent released it yet. The phone is not rooted (does this void warranty) so i am wondering what are my options to upgrade? anyone?
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Your warranty is gone by getting it unlocked anyways so don't be worrying about that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 alsiet

ah ****. u serious? that ****er told me it wouldnt void it at all ! right i spose ill have a go at routing it then. does anyone know of any good rooting steps?? I saw a good few but i am unsure of which one to use. Kind of half afraid of breaking my phone. are there many risks?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Press menu, settings, about phone, system software, check for updates and what happens?

yeah it says update not available

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

alsiet wrote: »
    yeah it says update not available
    Have a look at his post.

Froyo

• Advertisement

yeah i tried that yesterday. no joy. do i need a rooted device to do it properly i wonder?

just tried it again to be on the safe side but no. got the following error:

e: failed to open /sdcard/update.zip ( no such file or directory)
    E:signature verification failed
    installation aborted

any ideas?

just tried it again to be on the safe side but no. got the following error:

e: failed to open /sdcard/update.zip ( no such file or directory)
    E:signature verification failed
    installation aborted

any ideas?
    One click root.

http://unrevoked.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,325 ✭✭✭✭Tony

I'm on O2 and have 2.2 via automatic update? As far as I know O2 released it some time ago

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Pyro Boy

Tony wrote: »
    I'm on O2 and have 2.2 via automatic update? As far as I know O2 released it some time ago
    Really ? I don't think they have released it yet but I hope you're right been waiting for this for a while.

• Advertisement

really?? thats odd. dont know why it wont work for me !! i wonder does it have anything to do with me getting it unlocked? is it O2 ireland yes?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,325 ✭✭✭✭Tony

I'm on o2 Ireland and definitely have 2.2

Edit: maybe my update came from HTC rather than o2? I'm running on stock rom and bought the phone on o2 upgrade but maybe they forgot to load their custom rom/bootloader

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

google is a great place :)

first thing you should enter HTC Desire Rooting XDA and its all there

cool thanks... last night i got the phone to turn on again and its working fine except.. the OS seems to be a nexus one look and feel to it! its for the desire but everything about it is nexus. i want to try and find a android 2.2 download or 2.1 even for the desire. id be happy to get back to the original at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

chrislad wrote: »
    Your warranty is gone by getting it unlocked anyways so don't be worrying about that!

Not so. I've just had my rooted phone repaired under warranty by HTC. I just un-rooted it before returning it.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭rks

I got a HTC Desire branded to O2. As soon as I did, I ran down to the phone unlockers to get it unlocked so i could put in my meteor sim. that works fine but now i want to get the latest 2.2 android OS but O2 havent released it yet. The phone is not rooted (does this void warranty) so i am wondering what are my options to upgrade? anyone?
    thanks

Where did you get your Desire unlocked? Can you please let me know or PM me the address/location? Thanks

just some random shop i found from looking it up online. lots of places do them. i have since fixed my problem anyway. installed the nandroid backup and it put everything back the way it was

Advertisement