Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Drivers Licence

Options
  • 25-04-2015 5:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭

Looks as though the 'two year passport rule' has been introduced for those who want to change their names to Irish officially on their driver's licence.

You now need official documents accompanying any new application.

This is a disgrace. I can understand the two year rule for a passport but a driver's licence, why?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Maidhci

Looks as though the 'two year passport rule' has been introduced for those who want to change their names to Irish officially on their driver's licence.

You now need official documents accompanying any new application.

This is a disgrace. I can understand the two year rule for a passport but a driver's licence, why?

Usually, rules of this nature are introduced as an effort to control some form abuse of the system. I read somewhere that there was some scam with Irish passports, not exactly sure what it is but could possibly equally apply to drivers' licences?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭Young Blood

It's very silly. Besides the rule isn't very specific and from what I've researched, the so called 'proof' need not be official documents and can be documents such as club membership. I'm not sure if they have the power to verify them.

Advertisement