Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

phone insurance

• 11-11-2010 1:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭

where can i get my phone insured? i rang Vodafone and they wont insure me because i am a payg customer:confused:. Vodafone gave a number for the carphone warehouse and they wont because i did not buy my phone there.when i bought my phone on Saturday a desire hd in a Vodafone shop the sales man told me i could insure the phone with Vodafone. I have sent Darren in the Vodafone thread 2 messages with no response.i would have bought the phone in the carphone warehouse if i had known that vodafone did not insure payg customers.:mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭McAlban

I think Fonesure will do it.

www.fonesure.ie

I use them and they've been great when I lost my phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,747 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Put it on your household insurance. Much cheaper

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

McAlban wrote: »

www.fonesure.ie

thanks very much, just what i was looking for:)

Bluefoam wrote: »

i have a 250 excess on my house insurance :( so would not be worth calming from them. plus it would affect my no claims discount on my content insurances,but thanks for reply:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 all of the lights

List of T & C from fonesure

Exclusions
    The Company shall not be liable for
    1. theft howsoever arising including damage resulting from attempted theft
    2. repair or replacement arising as a result of negligent use wilful abuse or misuse
    3. damage to the battery or aerial or any cosmetic damage
    4. the cost of replacing or repairing accessories or costs arising from the use of accessories
    5. the cost of routine inspection service adjustment or cleaning
    6. damage caused during installation or removal
    7. any amount recoverable under any guarantee warranty or other insurance
    8. loss of use or consequential loss of any kind
    9. repairs carried out by persons not authorised by Us
    10. the policy excess as detailed below
    11. the cost of replacing any stored data including but not limited to tunes songs personalised ring tones or graphics
    12. any damage or fault caused by any form of electronic virus

those the line in red mean that they do not cover loss of any kind??

• Advertisement

Exclusions
    2. repair or replacement arising as a result of negligent use wilful abuse or misuse
    4. the cost of replacing or repairing accessories or costs arising from the use of accessories
    11. the cost of replacing any stored data including but not limited to tunes songs personalised ring tones or graphics

this the reason why i did not use fonesure,total mad set of T&Cs.:confused:

not great cover really eh? im in the same boat as you have an i phone i want to insure??? dont no were to got?? same problem wit the house insurance?

McAlban wrote: »

www.fonesure.ie

did you tell fonesure that you lost your phone??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 815 ✭✭✭animaal

Exclusions

Looks like they cover acts of terrorism, and that's about it. As long as the terrorist doesn't try to repair the phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Keith186

My take: The red bit above means it does not cover the loss of use or consequential use i.e. you are using for phone for business and you have lost or damaged it so you can't make the deal/money, they will not cover the loss of the potential deal.

Try add it to your house insurance as a specified item instead, should be cheaper and less restrictive in terms of cover.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

I'm looking into insuring my Mac Book Pro, Desire and 160GB iPod with these guys.

http://www.protectyourbubble.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

Carphone Warehouse seem to have the best insurance.
    Covers theft, AFAIK.
    He also said just say that you "left it at a bar" if they get silly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

The only think CPW doesn't cover against is unattended theft.

Smashed my screen beyond recognition and it was replaced for a 35 excess fee....result....!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Also as above CPW doesnt insure it if you didnt buy it from them.

Dont really get why their throwing customers away?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭deckie27

S.M.B. wrote: »
    I'm looking into insuring my Mac Book Pro, Desire and 160GB iPod with these guys.

http://www.protectyourbubble.com/

How did this work out?

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

Bluefoam wrote: »
    Don't waste your time.The T & C's there are crazy as well. Also, even though your "no claims" or whatever they call it for house insurance is protected, it will still up your claim next year. Any insurance that can be given for less than €1.40 is a scam.
    Carphone Warehouse seem to have the best insurance.
    Covers theft, AFAIK.
    He also said just say that you "left it at a bar" if they get silly.
    They have the best insurance of a bad lot. But I sold the insurance and I can tell you its a scam. We were forced to achieve a 25% insurance penetration ratio. So if you got a granny into the store that didnt know much about phones, we had to manipulate her into purchasing insurance that was overpriced that she neither needed nor wanted.
    Also as above CPW doesnt insure it if you didnt buy it from them.

Dont really get why their throwing customers away?
    The primary reason is that the insurance policy is actually provided by New Technologies Insurance which is a subsidiary of Carphone Warehouse. They are not allowed to honour claims made for phones that they have no proof of purchase record from the phone provider/receipt.

If you're really looking for insurance, get a money jar at home and once a month, deposit €13.75 into a jar (or whatever insurance would cost for a phone of that type) and then if you lose your phone, or it gets broken, then put €40 (or whatever the excess may be) with it. And more often than not, you'll end up saving more money than you spend.

If you know you are going to lose your phone (if your that type of person), then read your terms and conditions thoroughly before making a claim and always bare in mind that anything that can be referred to as negligence will not be honoured. Negligence is not covered.

E.g. Phone got taken out of my locked car = you're covered
    Phone got taken out of my unlocked car = negligence, not covered
    Phone taken from car with sunroof open = negligence, not covered.

Phone was in my pocket at nightclub and it disappeared = covered
    Phone was in my pocket at nightclub but I think I got pickpocketed = Gardaí will force you to make a statement, statement will have to be copied to insurance company, but you're still covered.
    Phone was left on bar counter while I was paying for drinks at nightclub and it disappeared. = Not covered, phone left unattended, negligence.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭ellinguistico

i have an insured old Desire with my operator but it is unbranded by goldcard. If i claim on insurance will the operator be able to stop the phone from working in the future does anyone know. If someone stole it would they be able to shut down its use from IMEI number even though it has been unbranded?

Advertisement