Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will you buy GTA for next gen???

Options
  • 28-09-2014 10:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭

Suppose il have to give her a shot... Especially with all the extras..........!

Will you buy GTA V on Next Gen 83 votes

Yes - PS4
    0% 0 votes
    Yes - Xbox One
    57% 48 votes
    Yes - PC
    19% 16 votes
    Nope, but will eventually
    16% 14 votes
    Nope, sticking with Current Gen
    6% 5 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

Doubt it, I cant justify buying a PS4 or XBO just for GTA V and also because my 360 and PS3 are still good enough for the games that are being made at the moment.
    I may eventually get a PS4, when they lower the price and introduce the usual slim version thats "fixed" some of the issues that plagued the original as they always say.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,532 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Hey Danny, hope you don't mind I added a poll to the thread. Will be good to see in numbers how these forums will be spreading out.

I'll be getting it on PS4 when it's out. Mad to play through again in glorious next gen but also because my PS3 joypad is goosed and don't want to buy a new one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

I definitely will. Heists man, HEISTS! :pac:

The real reason I will is cos after Valentine's update I couldn't get online on the 360 for any decent amount of time. Most fun on an online game I've had, so defo gonna give it another shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭DANNY2014

Can see them holding out on heists till next gen... push sales...

And if not they will release just b4 and have tonne of added xtras on ps4 and xbox one
    ???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Ah Sheehy, the poll should be multiple choice!
    I know I'll end with it for ps4 and pc :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

I'll be getting it eventually... Not sure when that will be though.
    It won't be this year anyways.

I'll have to start flogging off junk on eBay so I can save for a ps4 and all that goes with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,312 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Definitely on PS4. Going to download it too for handiness sake. Saves pre-ordering/queuing for it, plus will always be able to throw it on for a quick go without having to get up and change disks etc if I had something else in the PS4.

Traded in my PS3 versions a few months ago when the next gen version was confirmed. Looking forward to a bit of time off from the game and then reliving it again with all the new features and graphics.

I think one of the main reasons I might hold off is the whole online fee thing. I didnt want GTA on the 360 because I hate the fact that you have to pay a fee just to play online after forking out for the game and an expensive(at the time) console. A friend got me the game on the 360 but I bought it on the PS3 when I found it at a good price(€25) and at least with the PS3 you dont have to pay to play online which is what I like most about it.

if anyone with a PS4 can answer this, do you have to pay to play online? I had a search around the net and read this
    Unlike PS3, a PlayStation Plus subscription is required to access online multiplayer in most games; this requirement does not apply to "free-to-play" or subscription-based titles. Furthermore, owing to the need to subscribe for online multiplayer, Sony will not allow online passes to be used on the system by any publisher. Sony intends to expand and evolve the services it offers over the console's lifespan

I think one of the main reasons I might hold off is the whole online fee thing. I didnt want GTA on the 360 because I hate the fact that you have to pay a fee just to play online after forking out for the game and an expensive(at the time) console. A friend got me the game on the 360 but I bought it on the PS3 when I found it at a good price(€25) and at least with the PS3 you dont have to pay to play online which is what I like most about it.

if anyone with a PS4 can answer this, do you have to pay to play online? I had a search around the net and read this

Yeah, you have to have Playstation Plus to play online on the PS4. In fairness though, Playstation Plus is a great service which gives free games every month (2 PS4 indie-type games, 2 PS3 full games, 2 PSVita full games). The free PS4 games will probably start being full games too now that there are games which have been out for nearly a year. Plus you also get discounts off some stuff, or special deals when buying from the PS Store.

Unfortunately, paying for online is here to stay. That being said, I've long since gotten back more than I've paid for it in free games and discounts. It's worth it in the long run if you use it enough.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 359 ✭✭Kharrell

I'll be getting it for the PS4 as well, and will then give the PS3 copy to my cousin probably as I doubt there is much trade in value left in last gen versions.

Yeah, you have to buy a PS+ to play online. Most people who bought a PS4 also bought a 1 year's worth of PS+ for 50 quid. You can also buy cheaper ones too for the length of time you want to play online. When you buy your PS4, you get a week or two of PS+ for free.

I was originally a bit apprehensive about paying a sub like the Xbox, but PS+ is worth it, especially when you factor in the free games you get with it on a monthly basis.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Doyler92

I have had a look online and can't seem to find what the differences are / updated features in GTA V. Can some explain or post a link please to say what is new?

Grand Theft Auto V for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC will feature a range of major visual and technical upgrades to make Los Santos and Blaine County more immersive than ever. In addition to increased draw distances and higher resolution, players can expect a range of additions and improvements including:

- New weapons, vehicles and activities
    - Additional wildlife
    - Denser traffic
    - New foliage system
    - Enhanced damage and weather effects, and much more

Grand Theft Auto V for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC will also feature enhanced radio selections with over 100 additional new songs and new DJ mixes from returning DJs across the game’s 17 radio stations.

All players who pre-order the game will get $1,000,000 in-game bonus cash to spend across Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto Online (GTA$500K each for your Story Mode and for your GTA Online in-game bank accounts).

A host of new, exclusive content also awaits for players returning from the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 versions including rare versions of classic vehicles to collect from across the Grand Theft Auto series such as the Dukes, the Dodo Seaplane and a faster, more maneuverable Blimp; activities including wildlife photography and new shooting range challenges, new weapons and more.

Enhancements to Grand Theft Auto Online include an increased player count, with online play now for up to 30 players on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. All existing gameplay upgrades and Rockstar-created content released since the launch of Grand Theft Auto Online will also be available for the PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC with much more to come.

Source: http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/52308/grand-theft-auto-v-release-dates-and-exclusive-content

It's also been confirmed elsewhere that there'll be a 1st person camera mode for both on-foot and in-car. No footage of it has been released yet though.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,513 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Got it on 360, loved it, but no intention of buying a next gen console. Will buy on PC though.

I played it when it came out and cleared the story in about 2 weeks, but never had much of an urge to play it again. Housemate has started playing it so the urge is now back.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Any idea if there will be different editions of this? Collectors and the like?
    I'm not sure if R* could warrant making another collectors edition 14 months on!
    On amazon it's just a base version of the game for pre-order.

I bought the special edition of the game when it released last year and I get a discount in many stores with it, like AmmuNation. I wonder if that'll carry over to new gen?

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭C.M_jc

It might change, but I've no intention of buying a PS4.

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭TacoMan

Will definitely buy it on PS4 close enough to when it comes out. Looking forward to replaying SP on next-gen. I'll still have the PS3 running for online, depending on how many crew are planning to move across. I would prefer to play with crew on PS3 rather than with nobody on PS4.

Will crews just continue on to next gen or anyone know much bout it???

DANNY2014 wrote: »
    Will crews just continue on to next gen or anyone know much bout it???

Yupp, crews carry over. Crews don't reply on specific console. Like the Baords-ie crew has members from PS3 and Xbox 360. Will be the same for the next gen consoles and PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Farty88

Savage cabbage

• Advertisement

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Yupp, crews carry over. Crews don't reply on specific console. Like the Baords-ie crew has members from PS3 and Xbox 360. Will be the same for the next gen consoles and PC.

I'm torn, do I stick with BOC2 or move to BRDS? :(

I'm torn, do I stick with BOC2 or move to BRDS? :(

Do it! We have cake...

3 more members to reach 400.

I left a Crew that was ranked 37th to join Boards :)

I left a Crew that was ranked 37th to join Boards :)

Yes but we are ranked 1st....in Friendship

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Yes but we are ranked 1st....in Friendship

Don't forget the undying bromance's we all share every time i go online they're is always a new friend to meet its great and plus everyone has a good sense of humour

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,312 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

I'm only here for the cake.. =9

TherapyBoy wrote: »
    I'm only here for the cake.. =9

Did somebody say cake 🎂

Farty88 wrote: »
    Don't forget the undying bromance's we all share every time i go online they're is always a new friend to meet its great and plus everyone has a good sense of humour

Yea every1 is bang on except farty88.... I don't trust that guy one bit I tell ya...

DANNY2014 wrote: »
    Yea every1 is bang on except farty88.... I don't trust that guy one bit I tell ya...

Oh yeah that's handy (can't do a sad face on this) next time we're online ur gonna get a dagger in the puss

• Advertisement

Cake, eh? Sold! I'm not gone on the whole manly love thing though....

I'll move closer to the time, it's gonna be one of those long goodbyes Paul Brady used to croon about :P

Advertisement