Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free to Air Freesat

Options
  • 11-04-2011 8:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭

Can anyone give me their views on the above please. Am with UPC at present and they are pure misery. Wanted to watch F1 on Sunday BBC1, no reception phoned PUC and got a load of bunkum from them...Not happy.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

I am happy with it. BBC One HD is also available via satellite.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭sheelbee

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    I am happy with it. BBC One HD is also available via satellite.
    Thanks for that, much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

I got rid of UPC a while back. I've been using Freesat for over a year now. Using my original Sky dish. Yeah, watching the F1 and golf on BBC HD was deadly. As well as the usual, BBC1,2,3,4, ITV 1,2,3,4, C4, E4 etc you also get BBC1 HD, BBC HD (It isn't BBC2 HD but a lot of BBC2 stuff is on it in HD), ITV HD and recently C4 HD. Recommended

• Registered Users Posts: 9,973 ✭✭✭cena

I got rid of UPC a while back. I've been using Freesat for over a year now. Using my original Sky dish. Yeah, watching the F1 and golf on BBC HD was deadly. As well as the usual, BBC1,2,3,4, ITV 1,2,3,4, C4, E4 etc you also get BBC1 HD, BBC HD (It isn't BBC2 HD but a lot of BBC2 stuff is on it in HD), ITV HD and recently C4 HD. Recommended

How would I watch wrestling if I got one of these.

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭mandz

I got in freesat a couple of weeks ago and am very happy with it. I have the HD box so I pick up the above HD channels too. For what I would watch with sky it suits me. If you look around you will find freesat boxes that will pick up saorsat also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,973 ✭✭✭cena

mandz wrote: »
    I got in freesat a couple of weeks ago and am very happy with it. I have the HD box so I pick up the above HD channels too. For what I would watch with sky it suits me. If you look around you will find freesat boxes that will pick up saorsat also.

Do you get any sports channels using these?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

cena wrote: »
    How would I watch wrestling if I got one of these.

You wouldn't

No

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭mandz

No I'm afraid not to my boyfriend's major disappointment :D

Advertisement