Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argentina storming the group

Options
  • 12-09-2007 10:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭

I thought we could take them, but my god, they are kicking some serious a$$

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Jilm

I thought Argentina were poor against Georgia yesterday. They played well enough with a very limited game plan (i.e. lots of garryowens) against France - who gave a really shit performance.

Frankly if Ireland play anywhere near their potential they should beat this Argentinian side comfortably.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

I don't know what a tracker mortgage is.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭pretty-in-pink

zabbo wrote:
    oh, I do I do I do!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Jackz

Your tickets arrive zabbo?

I realise im going off course here but hey I wasn't the first and it kinda started out off course.

zabbo wrote:
    Tut, so many jaded posters on this forum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,656 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Jilm wrote:
    I thought Argentina were poor against Georgia yesterday. They played well enough with a very limited game plan (i.e. lots of garryowens) against France - who gave a really shit performance.

Frankly if Ireland play anywhere near their potential they should beat this Argentinian side comfortably.

Bear in mind they rested six players from their first game against France.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Danie Gerber

And bear in mind they didn't play Georgia... what?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,656 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

And bear in mind they didn't play Georgia... what?

What are you talking about? Argentina just played Georgia:p
    Jilm is dismissing Argentina based on their performance against Georgia where Argentina fielded a weakened side. Argentina can and will play far better against Ireland. It'll be far from a comfortable victory for Ireland against them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

Argentina storming the group

I wouldn't say that.

They played well against France.
    They were less than convincing against Georgia, esp. in the first half (6-3 at half time was it?)

They are the only team in the group to have played two games, so wait till everyone has had two games and then we can make a better judgement.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭remus808

The Georgians played far better rugby for the first 50/60 minutes... That says it all tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Danie Gerber

Nacho,

I know there was a match between Georgia and Argentina! I just didn't get to finish my post. Was going to add that I thought Georgia played Argentina as opposed to Argentina played Georgia! Arg looked positively pedestrian in that match..

Jilm is dismissing Argentina based on their performance against Georgia where Argentina fielded a weakened side.
    I was responding to the OPs claim that Arg were kicking ass and storming the group which I didn't agree with. I know Arg fielded a weakened side against Georgia and I'm not dismissing them based solely on their performance against Georgia, I merely stated that I thought if Ireland play to their potential, they should beat them. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Junior

zabbo wrote:

Who's taking the horse to France ?

[ONTopic]
    I wouldn't say running away with the group, if we can pick up the bonus point again we'll be back on top.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭Irish Wolf

After a 4 day turn around against a fresh team - it was a good result.. I'd be thrilled to see them getting into the quarters.

Running away with the group...... ahhhhh.. no! Not yet..

Advertisement