Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortal Kombat: Legacy

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,018 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

The Rebirth trailer was pretty damn good, and frankly the best on-screen version of MK I've seen. I was a big fan of the games back in the 16-bit era, though I'm not really in the audience for them any more. There's a lot of scope for a decent serialised storyline using elements from the game though, and if anyone can deliver this the man and team behind Rebirth will.

Oh God, this thread has reminded me of the awful mid-90s animated feature that came out before the live-action MK film...I had hoped it would be something along the lines of the Street Fighter 2 animated film, but it was absolutely dire. Bits of it are on Youtube for those brave enough to revisit it, but I'd urge you not to.... *shudder*

• Registered Users Posts: 4,462 ✭✭✭sioda

So whats the story with this is it a web based pilot or what??

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,018 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

sioda wrote: »
    So whats the story with this is it a web based pilot or what??

According to Wikipedia this is going to be a ten-part web-based series. I assume the goal is to do the same as the BBC did with Becoming Human and stitch all the episodes together into a feature-length piece that can be sold on DVD and, if successful, serve as a launchpad for bigger and better things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

Anyone else watch this?

It wasn't terrible, but I think i'm going to wait until all 10 are out and watch them all together, 11 minutes is nothing really.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Episode 2 is much better.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

She'll always be 7 of 9 to me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭sonic85

rebirth was class - pity they didnt just use that as the blueprint for a movie. legacy is only ok so far i think - the second part is much better but for me jeri ryan doesnt make a good sonya

Agreed....second episode is stronger, i'll stick with this to see where it goes. But i'm sure it'll be out as a complete package soon enough, seeing 9-10 min segments is very annoying imo.....it's made worse that it's weekly, waiting a week for 10 mins is a pain.

Some pretty decent fight scenes this ep. - nothing original, but hard hitting and well choreographed.

• Advertisement

There's a thread in the games forum which had youtube links I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

I just watched the 4 of these. I thought they were very good. I'm looking forward to the next. I especially liked Johnny Cage. Possibly the best version of him I've seen!

episode four was poor i thought. baraka looked like an orc from lord of the rings. half expected aragorn to pop out from somewhere and lop his head off!

shao kahn was brutal to be honest. i thought this series was gonna be a bit more realistic than the games but its starting to veer off into fantasy land now.

i love MK but i just dont think anybody can do the original storylines justice - the effects would have to be really top notch to avoid it looking cheap and tacky.

liked the first 3 episodes because there wasnt anything overly unbelieveable in them but bringing outworld into the equation wont work i think. its just my opinion - hope im wrong.

is liu kang gonna make an appearance in this?

sonic85 wrote: »
    episode four was poor i thought. baraka looked like an orc from lord of the rings. half expected aragorn to pop out from somewhere and lop his head off!

shao kahn was brutal to be honest. i thought this series was gonna be a bit more realistic than the games but its starting to veer off into fantasy land now.

i love MK but i just dont think anybody can do the original storylines justice - the effects would have to be really top notch to avoid it looking cheap and tacky.

liked the first 3 episodes because there wasnt anything overly unbelieveable in them but bringing outworld into the equation wont work i think. its just my opinion - hope im wrong.

is liu kang gonna make an appearance in this?

But they have to have the outworld and nether realm, or else it wouldn't be Mortal Kombat?

maybe not but i think leaving out the supernatural type stuff might allow it to work better. i dont know to be honest but that 4th episode didnt sit right with me. i really liked MK rebirth - something along those lines would have been class

I liked the use of live action and manga...is it manga?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Latest video is out,

For those of you who don't want to have to root through looking for the rest they are all available here http://www.youtube.com/show/mortalkombatlegacy

Raiden is up next, looks better than the Raiden from the TV series

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭Hal Emmerich

I'd like to see one with Reptile in it.

Wait till you see who's in this one Richard....it's leading up to a big event. Only the best actors get in this series.:p

• Advertisement

Yup, our man Simon Lee + Dollhouse writer/guest actor Maurissa Tacheron, married to a Wheadon!!....she writes for Spartacus and seemingly wants to do more acting.

best episode so far i think. not gone on scorpions mask but other than that i thought it was class

really hope this series is leading up to a movie

balls - tried to embed this but failed miserably!

god that was great but far too short

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭Hal Emmerich

Was wondering what the delay was with episode 9 and it seems they're saving it for Comic-con which is on now so it should be up any day so.

reasonably good but even after the massive wait it still didnt top scorpion and sub zero

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Squeaky the Squirrel

• Registered Users Posts: 28,856 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

*Clears throat*

MORTAL KOMBAT!!!

New trailer

Starts September 26th.
    http://ie.ign.com/articles/2013/09/12/mortal-kombat-legacy-ii-new-trailer-and-debut-date-revealed

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

The storyline and acting is decent, but I thought the fight scenes were much better in Conquest tbh.

Advertisement