Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christening

Options
  • 04-06-2015 2:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭

I am invited to a christening this weekend - it is in their home and I have offered to make some desserts and my friend was delighted and a few of us are helping out with making a few different desserts. Anyway my question is when their baby was born I gave him a present made up of a few different things, now I haven't been to a christening in years and just wondering do you give another gift at the christening?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Personally I think you've already done plenty. I do remember being at a Christening and giving a Christening gift to be met with confusion by the dad saying I already gave a gift at the birth. Obviously he was grateful for it but it seems there was no need to do both.

Whatever you're happy with though.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Elliottsmum79

Hate to say it but I'd never attend a Christening or event without a card and a gift even.........personal view that they are different celebrations and different occasions. Would be mortified not to have a gift to give when everyone shows up with parcels and bags ( and you can bet they also gave presents after the birth)....

Advertisement