Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Saturday night spot?!

Options
  • 20-10-2014 12:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Wheres the best spot for a good saturday night in Limerick? Will be going out next Saturday, ideally I like places with rock bands or good late bars with a dancefloor rather than clubs blaring dance music, so what are they best haunts that arent too crazy hectic?thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

Wheres the best spot for a good saturday night in Limerick? Will be going out next Saturday, ideally I like places with rock bands or good late bars with a dancefloor rather than clubs blaring dance music, so what are they best haunts that arent too crazy hectic?thanks!

Limerick can be very hit and miss when it comes to going out, I'm afraid.

You'll get a lot of people recommending Nancy Blake's to you, but it's a hellhole most of the time. It seems to draw everybody in though, largely because it's got a big covered smoking area, and no other venues can get much of a look in.

Maybe Cobblestone Joe's, which is just off Ellen Street is your best bet ...

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Xennon

Actually, Costelloe's is worth a go :)

Been about 20 years since I was there....has he changed the carpet upstairs yet?

Xennon wrote: »
    Been about 20 years since I was there....has he changed the carpet upstairs yet?

I don't think so.

The place is a dive, but it's also good fun. I wouldn't rule it out.

Where else is there?

• Advertisement

CobblestoneJoes? Havent been there but hear good things.

Where do long hairs hang out these days?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭moby2101

zulutango wrote: »
    Actually, Costelloe's is worth a go :)
    Definitely..
    Myself and the missus wound up here a couple of weeks ago with some friends. Hadn't been in years.
    Terrific night out, great crowd, great tunes...we will be back!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭moby2101

Xennon wrote: »
    The carpet has its own web domain andd twitter account..

It's alive!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I'm fairly sure they laid a new carpet sometime in 2012. ;)

Advertisement