Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Dreaded "Sorry nothing here" at PO

Options
  • 15-09-2011 4:03pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 460 ✭✭

This has happened to me 4 times this year when at the post office counter, Does'nt your heart just sink ! Each time I checked with the Welfare or CWO about why there was no payment they didnt know but organised a cheque for me and the payment was there as usual the next week ? It must be one of the most dreaded sentences in the english language !!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭K.C

Feel your pain!

Happened to me before, not very nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭jjll

it is embarassing def i feel it and know what its like i hope its sorted for you

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 460 ✭✭four18

When it happened today I nearly cried as I didnt even have coffee at home ! Thankfully it was sorted out but only after 2 hours of running around and Q ing. I doubled up on all the essentials this week.

God yeah,

It's happened about 4 times in the last year to me. The worst was this time last year when there was no payment there, so I toddled off down to the office to sort it out, only to be told, "You've been cut off because you're doing a masters" :eek:
    Ha I don't even have a leaving. Apparently someone with my name had just started a masters and it was a case of mistaken identity. You'd think they'd double check these things against PRSI numbers first!

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭RebelScorned

i'm just wondering of anybody on this knows offhand,

didn't get a chance to get into town last week to collect my payment from post office because my car was very sick, so went in today expecting to get two weeks payment and nice post office lady told me there is only one week on system, and i am just wondering where the other week went?!

I have collected more than one weeks payment before on a handful of occasions, a few weeks back the same thing happened, but now this is the second time that this has happened in the last few months, is there a new rule that you have to collect it every week before a certain day or something? Should i contact my social welfare office about this? Should i have contacted them to tell them i wasn't able to collect last week? It's very annoying because i had to borrow money from my mum to get my new brake pads for the car, it's like a vicious circle and i can't do right for doing wrong :-(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭stacexD

i'm just wondering of anybody on this knows offhand,

didn't get a chance to get into town last week to collect my payment from post office because my car was very sick, so went in today expecting to get two weeks payment and nice post office lady told me there is only one week on system, and i am just wondering where the other week went?!

I have collected more than one weeks payment before on a handful of occasions, a few weeks back the same thing happened, but now this is the second time that this has happened in the last few months, is there a new rule that you have to collect it every week before a certain day or something? Should i contact my social welfare office about this? Should i have contacted them to tell them i wasn't able to collect last week? It's very annoying because i had to borrow money from my mum to get my new brake pads for the car, it's like a vicious circle and i can't do right for doing wrong :-(
    AFAIK if you don't collect your payment it gets sent back the day before your next one is due and you have to go to the dole office to get it reinstated (might take a while). I read somewhere else that it gets sent back after 3 days but my brother was able to collect his up until the day before when he was on the dole.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭RebelScorned

stacexD wrote: »
    AFAIK if you don't collect your payment it gets sent back the day before your next one is due and you have to go to the dole office to get it reinstated (might take a while). I read somewhere else that it gets sent back after 3 days but my brother was able to collect his up until the day before when he was on the dole.

Thanks for this- never came across this anywhere before! So I can just call the SW office and ask them the reinstate the week that went missing? Also I must enquire about that week at the start of August, i don't know why i presumed it wouldn't be there, i usually collect every Tuesday, but today and the last time I tried to collect on the Thursday of the following week for two weeks payment and both times when i got it it was just one week, i asked if there was anything else on system and they said call the SW office. I'll call in tomorrow i think altogether, might be best bet. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭stacexD

Thanks for this- never came across this anywhere before! So I can just call the SW office and ask them the reinstate the week that went missing? Also I must enquire about that week at the start of August, i don't know why i presumed it wouldn't be there, i usually collect every Tuesday, but today and the last time I tried to collect on the Thursday of the following week for two weeks payment and both times when i got it it was just one week, i asked if there was anything else on system and they said call the SW office. I'll call in tomorrow i think altogether, might be best bet. Thanks.
    While you're in there ask them about what to do if it happens again, I'm pretty sure you can get them to keep a double payment for you (but only once every so often) I'll have a look for the link in citizens info and post it here if I can find it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Balagan

four18 wrote: »
    This has happened to me 4 times this year when at the post office counter, Does'nt your heart just sink ! Each time I checked with the Welfare or CWO about why there was no payment they didnt know but organised a cheque for me and the payment was there as usual the next week ? It must be one of the most dreaded sentences in the english language !!

Glad you've got it sorted this week but if you are really sure that you did not miss sign on dates, forget to supply requested information or be late in collecting etc., it would be a good idea to send a letter to the SW and/or the CWO giving details of the occasions this year when either of their payments were inexplicably absent. Likewise, if it happens again, in addition to going to the offices in person to sort it out, also put it in writing to the office.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 460 ✭✭four18

will do, Thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement