Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Family Dole Status

Options
  • 15-09-2011 1:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

Was just wondering if anyone knows what the story is with the amount of people on social welfare in a single household, both my parents and my older brother are receiving social welfare atm, but currently i have no source of income due to college plans getting flushed down an overused toilet... but if i sign on to social welfare will my families welfare payments be reduced because that will defeat the purpose of me having to sign on and it will not make things any better, i dont like relying on other people, id like to have my own money to pay for my own ways instead on being an already bigger drain on the household.... i already registered with fas but they said the availability of courses are very slim not many options left im afraid, but any feedback on the topic or people who are in similar positions would be great

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,278 ✭✭✭✭Victor

It is unlikely to affect them, unless they count you as a dependent. However, the benefits you receive may be somewhat limited.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭TheFishingKid

Victor wrote: »
    It is unlikely to affect them, unless they count you as a dependent. However, the benefits you receive may be somewhat limited.
    Cheers for the info victor

Advertisement