Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Signed off dole online - is that it?

• 13-09-2011 12:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭

Hi

I signed off the dole via their online website last week. I put it all my details etc, and it just said "thanks for signing off blah blah blah".

Is that all I have to do? Like, is that me totally signed off now?

The reason im wondering is that I recieved a dole cheque in the post this morning! Im just a little bit worried about whether I should cash it or not.

The date I entered to sign off on was the 13th, and the dole cheque says it's for the 31st August to the 6th September.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

yeah you're done.
    You might even get another cheque from Sept 7th to 13th depending what way you worked.

If you get paid passed the 13th then something is wrong

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 153 ✭✭babsybaby01

Yeah your done...Any money owed too you (if any)will be in the post office on your next would be dole day or even the week after by the time they sort out your file...this is what happened to me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

If you are being paid by cheque I am guessing you are on casual dockets?
    If so make sure you send in your docket for this week to ensure payment issues up to the date you signed off.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Long Road 8378

Just from personal experience... my partner and I were on dole payments for a time, we both signed off online (on seperate occasions) and thought it was a great idea and job done. Weeks after, both of us were contacted by our local dole office wondering why we hadn't bothered to sign on or leave in the dockets! My suggestion would be to give your local office a quick ring to confirm! :)

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,404 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I'm going to be signing off tomorrow(well putting down the 19th as sign off date) as I'm starting college next week. I usually just collect my dole every tuesday at the post office. Will they send out a cheque for the last few days or will I have to go in next tuesday and collect?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,295 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

When I signed off online that was it yeah,

Any money I was owed was not to be collected at the Post Office, but was sent out as a cheque.

It was a bit of a wait for the cheque though.

Advertisement