Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Review our website www.irishgunners.com

Options
  • 06-06-2014 2:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭

Hi

We are updating our website and have moved from Html to wordpress. Our website is

Dublin Arsenal Supporters Club

A third party has designed it and I am not that up on wordpress. Previously our last website I worked on using Dreamweaver but I am a Dreamweaver noobie so just did what I could.

Would like input on our new site as few things we wanted changing

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

The white text on a black background is quite hard to read

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭rusnakova

Exactly, I would say the same - it's the first thing that springs to mind when I look at your website. I would say, it's better the other way round - white background and black text.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭bdo

Your banners/interstitials are a waste of space!!

Make your visitors an offer!

Like:
    - Overlay some of the details of your next event on the image, link it to your events page and upload again.
    - Use an email / Twitter / Facebook sign up box as one of the images.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 housamz

1. Most people in general don't like dark backgrounds, and find it difficult to read, you may tell your web designer to install like a colour selection tool for visitors, so they can choose light background.
    2. in the boards section you're totally out of the website style.
    3. Text in general is very small, see news section for example.
    4. Social media buttons should be in a more noticeable place.
    5. Text in search form is almost impossible to read because of the colour.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

housamz wrote: »
    1. Most people in general don't like dark backgrounds, and find it difficult to read, you may tell your web designer to install like a colour selection tool for visitors, so they can choose light background.
    That's assuming that people would hang around long enough to do that ..
    If a site is not legible why would I, as a user, bother hanging around?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 housamz

Blacknight wrote: »
    That's assuming that people would hang around long enough to do that ..
    If a site is not legible why would I, as a user, bother hanging around?

I was suggesting if they already paid for the design and don't want to change it, but the best solution is to change it to what visitors like.

Thank you :)

Advertisement