Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Washing machine inlet

• 13-08-2013 6:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,997 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Moved into a house and went to use the washing machine for the first time and its getting E02 which according to the manufacturer is no water coming in. Took the hose off the back and no water came out. Here are pictures of the hot and cold inlet valves I'm not sure if they are on or not and I can turn them either way to check. Is there a knack to it? Do I have to loosen the screw holding the plastic knob or something?

dzhz.jpg

ybr9.jpg

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭shane0007

Hot is not connected. Put a blank on this so if turned on accidentally it won't flood the place.
    Cold is connected but switched off.
    Turn blue plastic lever so that is in line with the pipe. Perpendicular to the pipe is off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,919 ✭✭✭gifted

Those valves are turned off, turn a quarter turn to open by hand

good man shane..beat by a min

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 168 ✭✭mr j tayto

Both of the valves shown in your picture are in the "off" position.

You need to have the plastic handle "in line" with the pipework to ensure the valve is open.

You can disconnect the hose and turn the small handle slightly to ensure there is water in the supply pipe.

Once you are sure the supply is live, reconnect your hose, open the valve fully by turning the valve handle and your machine should work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,997 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

Thanks guys, that's what I though the problem might be. I am having trouble turning it, do I have to loosen the screw that holds the plastic handle on. As far as I can tell it is being stopped by the flat piece of metal above it which I assume is designed to prevent the tap turning off or on accidentally so I should unscrew it until the plastic clears the ,etal and then turn and retighten.

Sorry for all the questions just dont want to flood the place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭shane0007

Don't open the hot. It is not connected to anything.
    Unscrew the cold. Remove blue lever. Turn valve with spanner & refit plastic lever. They can sometimes round off.

• Advertisement

Thanks Shane, yep wont be touching the hot and will get a stopper for it. This model washing machine only needs a cold feed. Thanks for the help.

I now have a working washing machine, thanks again folks. I knew it would be something boards could solve. Was just afraid of flooding the place while the Land lord is away.

Advertisement