Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aqualisa Combi Thermo Cartridge

Options
  • 12-08-2013 8:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭

(Hope I put this in the right section)

After turning off the unit there is still a constant drip, won't stop, coming from the shower hose of my Aqualisa Opto (thermo mixer valve).

When I removed the Combi Thermo Cartridge (pink) and opened it, I noticed that a small O Ring (about 10 mm) was slightly damaged on one end. Looks to me like it could be the cause! If I were to replace the 0 Ring might that solve the problem or is there a lot more to it than that?

Just priced a new cartridge on Ebay. Costs E158 shipped in from the UK, very pricey! Is there an easier, less expensive alternative out there?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭scudo2

Jose1 wrote: »
    (Hope I put this in the right section)

After turning off the unit there is still a constant drip, won't stop, coming from the shower hose of my Aqualisa Opto (thermo mixer valve).

When I removed the Combi Thermo Cartridge (pink) and opened it, I noticed that a small O Ring (about 10 mm) was slightly damaged on one end. Looks to me like it could be the cause! If I were to replace the 0 Ring might that solve the problem or is there a lot more to it than that?

Just priced a new cartridge on Ebay. Costs E158 shipped in from the UK, very pricey! Is there an easier, less expensive alternative out there?

Thanks.

Try the O ring first .

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Jose1

Did as you suggested, bought an O ring in a local diesel engine suppliers (didn't have anything suitable in any hardware store), cost 50c. Slipped it on using one of the wife's crochet needles, put the unit back together - problem solved, no more leak!

Thanks;)

Advertisement