Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dole after college (waiting time?)

Options
  • 16-09-2011 2:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hey,
    I finished college (inc exams) on May 12th.
    I applied for JSA on 29th July.
    I was under the impression that you had to be out of full time education for 3 months before applying for the dole so that's why I left it for a while.
    I asked in the dole office if the 3 month waiting time applied to college or was it only secondary school the womans reply was "its different for college" and called the next person :/
    Does anyone know if the waiting time applies for college? and if it doesn't then will I be able to claim arrears for 12 May-29 July even though in my original claim I left the late application section empty.
    It would fairly help pay off the student loans!

Thanks!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Balagan

If the exams you did were the final exams at the end of your academic course then you could have applied for JA immediately after taking your last exam. SW would ask for a letter from the college stating you had completed your studies. Doubtful if you will get it backdated to prior to your application date but you could try.

Advertisement