Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

btea means tested??

Options
  • 13-09-2011 8:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

is btea means tested i was confident that it wasnt but when i looked online This is what i found on citizensinformation.ie If you are unemployed, parenting alone or have a disability and are getting certain payments from the Department of Social Protection, you may attend a second-or third-level education course and get the Back to Education Allowance (BTEA). This weekly Allowance is paid at a standard rate and is not means-tested. This is what i found on welfare.ie How is the Allowance paid? Back to Education Allowance is paid at a personal rate. If you are currently getting a reduced rate of payment (because you have means assessed against you, or you only qualify for a reduced rate of benefit), you qualify for a higher weekly rate of BTEA. I don't understand this? can someone help?? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,358 ✭✭✭DubDJ

is btea means tested i was confident that it wasnt but when i looked online This is what i found on citizensinformation.ie If you are unemployed, parenting alone or have a disability and are getting certain payments from the Department of Social Protection, you may attend a second-or third-level education course and get the Back to Education Allowance (BTEA). This weekly Allowance is paid at a standard rate and is not means-tested. This is what i found on welfare.ie How is the Allowance paid? Back to Education Allowance is paid at a personal rate. If you are currently getting a reduced rate of payment (because you have means assessed against you, or you only qualify for a reduced rate of benefit), you qualify for a higher weekly rate of BTEA. I don't understand this? can someone help?? Thanks

BTEA is NOT means tested. Everyone is paid at the standard rate which at the moment is €188 I believe. If your receiving €100 or €140 due to being means tested or below the age cut off once your Job Seekers is switched over to BTEA you will be bumped up to €188.

Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 John05sy

If you are doing a paid work placement , only during that stage, BTEA is means tested. otherwise it is not.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement