Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seeking opinions on logo

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

not quite. let me have a go with tools later.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,321 ✭✭✭jmcc

The font choice tries a bit too hard to be cool. Perhaps Times Roman or some Serif font for 'Energy' and a Sans-Serif font (Verdana etc) for the 'Reform' might work well. Black, red and white are very difficult colours to use well without accidentally coming up with a rather Nazi style vibe.

Regards...jmcc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

I like this one.. :pac:

293766.jpg

Seriously though, I like this one.

3c40192a31eaec5a8308147f8935d46e-52f6633ca79db.jpg

But then I was never a big fan of orange..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

di11on wrote: »
    The whole point is to try and have the plug in negative space rather than the E since the E is more important and the plug less so.
    I think you might be placing too much significance on that, then. Unless you plan to never/rarely use the typed name alongside the logo.

If you do plan to normally use the typed name, then I think the subtleness of the E/plug works pretty well. Some won't get it, sure, but then they don't need to.
    So you think this:
    Is better than these?
    Yes. Much

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

Trojan wrote: »
    If you don't mind sharing, what's the total spend on this logo up to this point been?

It has the cut of a 99d! Not knocking them (horses for courses, and have used them a lot myself), but they're getting easier to spot!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭di11on

cgarvey wrote: »
    It has the cut of a 99d! Not knocking them (horses for courses, and have used them a lot myself), but they're getting easier to spot!

We're not McDonalds or Pepsi... we just need something that's going to look respectable on a business card and on the cover of a report. Which is exactly what you're saying a guess :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,402 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

cgarvey wrote: »

It does. I'm pretty sure it was linked or implied somewhere above.
    We're not McDonalds or Pepsi... we just need something that's going to look respectable on a business card and on the cover of a report. Which is exactly what you're saying a guess :-)

Yep. I'm not having a go, just very curious how it might compare to hiring a local logo designer. I'd be interested to know how much you'd estimate in cash and your time has gone into this - care to share that with us?

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭devildriver

I think the plug idea has been overworked. It doesn't seem to fit in there comfiortably and forcing it is really making the logo look awkward.

Also the typeface for Energy Reform is horrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭di11on

Thanks for the opinions folks.

Advertisement