Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapest way to get from city to Swords?

Options
  • 09-03-2014 12:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭

On a night out??? Say Saturday and Sunday?? Anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭john the one

Saturday is nitelink. About a fiver. Not so sure if they run on Sundays.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Nelly1234

Saturday is nitelink. About a fiver. Not so sure if they run on Sundays.

What is nitelink? Does it run Monday to Friday too? And what's the latest time it runs?:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,347 ✭✭✭No Pants

Nightlink is €6 cash, €5.70 prepaid or €5 on a Leap card.

The Swords Express also runs until 23:00 during the week and I think it now runs later at the weekend. The service is normally €3 or €4, but it may be more for the later buses.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Nelly1234

No Pants wrote: »
    Nightlink is €6 cash, €5.70 prepaid or €5 on a Leap card.

The Swords Express also runs until 23:00 during the week and I think it now runs later at the weekend. The service is normally €3 or €4, but it may be more for the later buses.

Where do I get Nightlink tho? Does anyone know how much roughly it would cost to get a taxi from the city to swords too?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭john the one

Nelly1234 wrote: »
    Where do I get Nightlink tho? Does anyone know how much roughly it would cost to get a taxi from the city to swords too?

the nitelink runs from westmoreland street. On the hour every hour (and maybe every half hour aswell, not sure). your looking to get the 41. will take about 40 mins to get home but be aware, its packed full of scummers at times.

A taxi will cost you anywhere from 25 - 40 euro!

alternatively you could get the aircoach to the airport and a taxi from then on!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,556 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Both the Dublin Bus Nitelink routes 41n and 33n operate from Westmoreland Street to Swords on Friday and Saturday nights only.

Fare is €6 cash, or €5 with a LEAP card.

Full timetables are here:
    33N: http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/Your-Journey1/Timetables/All-Timetables/33n-Revised-Times/

41N: http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/Your-Journey1/Timetables/All-Timetables/41n/

Swords Express services cease at 23:00 Monday-Wednesday, but extra services operate at 23:45 on Thursdays and Fridays, and at 00:40 and 01:40 on Saturday nights.

Full timetables are here: http://www.swordsexpress.com/timetable.asp

The fare for late night services (23.45 Thurs/Fri and 00.40 & 01.40 Sat) is €5.20.

Advertisement