Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leap Card or Monthly Adult (Luas+Irish Rail) Ticket

Options
  • 27-05-2013 6:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭

I am starting a 6 month course at FAS Baldoyle starting June 1st week. I have to travel on Commuter Rail + LUAS + DART (all 3) to reach FAS.

I would like to know which one is cheaper. Using Leap Card or Monthly Adult (LUAS+Irish Rail) Ticket?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,999 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

net4hack wrote: »
    I am starting a 6 month course at FAS Baldoyle starting June 1st week. I have to travel on Commuter Rail + LUAS + DART (all 3) to reach FAS.

I would like to know which one is cheaper. Using Leap Card or Monthly Adult (LUAS+Irish Rail)Ticket?

The monthly ticket will be your only man. At the minute, Leap is a cashless payment card only and suitable for the odd trip here and there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭net4hack

Leapcard website says "It saves you money vs cash fares. You pay less with a Leap Card than when you pay for single fares with cash on Dublin Bus, Luas, DART and Commuter Rail services."

So I was just wondering about pros and cons of both!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,999 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

net4hack wrote: »
    Leapcard website says "It saves you money vs cash fares. You pay less with a Leap Card than when you pay for single fares with cash on Dublin Bus, Luas, DART and Commuter Rail services."

So I was just wondering about pros and cons of both!

The discounts are compared to cash fares for the same trips. Multi trip or weekly/monthly passes will offer far better value for regular traveling.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

Given you'll be using the dump that is Howth Junction the monthly ticket wins hands down.
    There are no tag machines on the centre platforms where you'll be getting most trains to/from. So not having to tag will save you a lot of pointless waking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭net4hack

Thanks for the replies. I would go for the monthly Rail + Luas ticket...

• Advertisement
Advertisement