Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

what would you think?

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭mazdaminx

Taltos wrote: »
    Go back to ignoring. Contact just won't work. You will get lies, blame, guilt tripping all designed to chip away at you even more.

Block his number, update your FB privacy settings but really stop torturing yourself and take the time you need to heal. Not kidding these types of breakups can be extremely traumatic, and you might well benefit from finding someone to talk to - a friend or a professional.

It will get better, day by day. Some days will suck, but one day not that far away you'll turn that corner. It will come sooner when you make the complete break and learn to forgive yourself.

I had a few good no contact days. I've good friends and family around me. Just I've never experienced this type of break up. It's so hurtful how cold he is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Tasden

mazdaminx wrote: »
    I had a few good no contact days. I've good friends and family around me. Just I've never experienced this type of break up. It's so hurtful how cold he is.

That will honestly make it easier in the long run because you want want/miss someone so cold.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

I'm afraid if you stay in contact it could get worse. He knows you buttons and will have no hesitation in pressing them to cause the most harm possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭Stavro Mueller

mazdaminx wrote: »
    It's a hard time. He's blaming it all on me, that I left him and don't want him. I was ignoring and not contacting, then I started as I wanted answers. It's so painful.

I doubt you're going to get any answers. It's obvious that you are finding it hard to walk away from this relationship but you've got to leave it be. What exactly is it you want to know anyway? You sound like a person who's in the zoo and can't resist poking the lion in his enclosure even though you know you'll annoy him. When you asked last time you got shouted down, bullied and fobbed off with answers that insulted your intelligence.

I can't emphasise enough your need to leave this guy in your past. It doesn't matter if he once seemed to be nice. You've discovered he has a very nasty side. Thank your lucky stars you were able to walk away without the complication of kids etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Pippy1976

I doubt you're going to get any answers. It's obvious that you are finding it hard to walk away from this relationship but you've got to leave it be. What exactly is it you want to know anyway? You sound like a person who's in the zoo and can't resist poking the lion in his enclosure even though you know you'll annoy him. When you asked last time you got shouted down, bullied and fobbed off with answers that insulted your intelligence.

I can't emphasise enough your need to leave this guy in your past. It doesn't matter if he once seemed to be nice. You've discovered he has a very nasty side. Thank your lucky stars you were able to walk away without the complication of kids etc.

I tend to agree with this - you have GOT to leave this, for good. I know you love him. But he won't change.

People may say 'you thrive on the drama' as they did with me, but it's more than that.. but believe me, walk away and do NOT entertain this guy.

The relationship had an expiration date: it wasn't meant to end a day sooner, or a day later. It has run it's course. It's time to leave it be now. Draw a line, step over it and do not look back.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭mazdaminx

Thanks for all your guidance. I'm out of the raw stage thank god. It's hard to see things as clearly when you're in the situation as opposed to looking in. I finally got the proof which brought me a lot of closure. I've so much now to look forward to. Thanks again.

Advertisement