Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seeking a little help.

Options
  • 14-09-2014 4:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hey guys, I don't know where else to turn, I've talked to friends, I've talked to family, they all can't seem to help me. The best advice I've ever gotten was from strangers, as odd as that sounds... Anyway, here is my issues, I'm willing to go into more detail if you need me too, but the just of it is as followed;

Met this girl 3 months ago through a group on Facebook, both live in the same town (like 15 minutes away from one another) both of us had the "Love at first sight" thing going for us, we played some games (it was a gaming group) and just loved one another company, we met up the next couple days later, I was still living with my ex (well, my house but she would have been homeless with two kids *not mine* and I can't do that) when we met up we walked around a bit and I stayed quiet because I just couldn't get over how beautiful she was, eventually I was finally able to talk and we did. We talked a bunch, I over exaggerated on a couple things which were correct a couple weeks ago but everything was going great, we sat down at a table and she eventually told me to kiss her after we were talking about it and I kept saying I wanted to, once I kissed her everything that was us just... overflowed with emotion everything was so wonderful I felt like I had just been granted another chance to make someone happy about three days later I moved out of the house and moved in with a buddy of mine because it was the best I could do on such short notice, I spent a few days at her house and every night was just a passion overload (she has a kid don't know if that matters) every night was something new, we went to sleep nightly happy kissing, and just probably the grosses couple you could imagine, you know stopping one another to steal kisses and stuff in Walmart, and just... You know, the PDA couple that people say; 'Wow... They must be very open with their relationship.' about... Through that, and constantly saying cute little things; *example* "I wants snuggles!" -- "Me too babbby" - Again, the gross couple on Facebook that just makes you go; '... stop... to much...' nothing sexual ever posted but just cute little isms and what not... -- Now that you have how we were... I'll explain the problem...

So, about a month ago I had some abdominal pain (have a history of pancreatic issues) and told her I was feeling some pain and was going to go to the ER, she had her Dad watch her kid and she took me herself, whenever I go the hospital they give me Dilaudid it's the only thing that works for the stomach pain, rather it has been the only thing that has worked... They normally do a pain protocol (3 shots), and I had my second one still in minor discomfort I had said out loud; 'I think I might get my third one...' her response was; 'I think you've had enough.' - while I heard her my mind said I didn't and I ended up asking for the third. She was very displeased with me, and when the doctor came in and said; 'Nothings going on with your pancreas today.' She was even more upset. I've had this issue since I was 16, and it's turning into stone so there's not really much they can do, once it happens they remove it I'm on insulin basically. Anyway, after that things changed. The lovey stuff stopped, we stopped hanging out a ton, and only every now and again would we. A week after that we had a pretty nasty fight about the hospital trip and she got really angry at me saying that I'm an idiot for going in just to get high and what not, I've dealt with people saying that my entire life the fact that she would say it had me quite angry, I drank that night, knowing the risk knowing I'd end up in the hospital I did it anyway ended up 16 shots deep in Jack (which she still doesn't know that's why I was in the hospital), ended up in the hospital the next day due to my pancreas acting up again. I was there for 5 days and could barely talk to her because of how much medication they had me on... She continued to get really angry and distance herself from me, major. We went from being close talking every day, all day long to talking maybe 2-3 hours a day... sometimes more just depends on the day, really. We had before I went to the hospital talked about getting married (she brought it up, I went with it I do love her, majorly) -- Now that you know why she's mad at me, below is the final paragraph about what's going on now...

She told me after all of that, that she needs time to let it heal because her family is a family of addicts. I told her okay and I'd give her time, I had asked her if she wanted to snuggle and she went off on me. Got angry and we didn't talk that night. Over the process of the last... week or two things just seem to spiral every time we talk she seems to be mad, and when I ask her if she's mad, or ask her if she wants to be with me she just gets angry and doesn't want to talk to me, or just about it at all... Doesn't really seem to matter what I do, some days she's fine, some days she's angry, her Mom has been stressing her out a lot recently, more then usual I should say... She has started talking about us moving in together though, so I mean maybe she just needs more time, she says she wants us to go back to how we were, but hates that I keep trying to make it something it's not, when in reality all I'm trying to do it get it back to the way we were...

I'm getting stressed, depressed, and just do not know what to do anymore... I love this woman... I love her kid, I love her family she is just perfect for me, how can I get back what we once had? I've apologized, told her it won't happen again, and just... in general it doesn't seem to work, we don't ever spend 1 on 1 time together anymore (with her kid, or without) we just don't... Every time we play games, she is either typing to someone else or we are always doing stuff with her friends...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

That's an extremely intense relationship.

If you genuinely need the pain relief shots, she was wrong to get angry over it. However, I suppose in her mind, she was justified because the doctors said there was nothing wrong.

After only a few months, you were talking about love, marriage, you'd met her kid. That's crazy.

Sounds like the relationship has burned out.

Generally, if things are that full on, so early on, they burn out quickly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭shalalala

I agree with the above poster. I think things have just burnt out.

There is another aspect though. If she said there were addicts in her family, chances as there is residual issues from that. These issues she probably wont talk about but are quite likely.

The other thing is there is a difference between knowing someone has a problem and seeing it in action and being in a and e. I have a LTI and it will make dating neatly impossible for me. I don't drink, I have to take lots of pills and I watch what I eat. My point is, dating someone who does that isn't too bad but being with someone that needs to rush to the hospital for injections brings home that there is a problem health wise. Some people just cannot deal with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Also agree with the two posters above.

All I can suggest now is you give her space - a lot of it. Either she will come around and accept she is being unreasonable, or she will still believe that you are an addict and she in her mind is better off without you. You cannot force her to stay with you. Also if you have a long term illness you shouldn't bring someone into your life that either doesn't believe you or triggers you to self-harm, because let's face it that is exactly what you did here.

Your actions put your life at risk and could very well have diverted critical medical attention from someone genuinely ill, not saying you weren't genuinely ill, but the difference is you acted in a manner that you knew would only have one result. To me that says it all - that says that right now you for whatever reason are better off out of this relationship. If it affects you this much then it is not healthy and I would strongly suggest you seek guidance in learning to deal with this type of rejection or judgement in the future so that you can continue to live a long and healthy life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭dellas1979

I drank that night, knowing the risk knowing I'd end up in the hospital I did it anyway ended up 16 shots deep in Jack (which she still doesn't know that's why I was in the hospital), ended up in the hospital the next day due to my pancreas acting up again.

Ill keep this short. Your pancreas wasnt just "acting up again". You drank. You put the alcohol into your body. You caused your pancreas to act up again. And I wonder why you did this too (to get somebodys attention?)

Secondly, as other posters have said, this beyond seems like a very volatile and intense relationship. Like you depend on her so much.

Do you think you should take responsibility? Depend on yourself, sort yourself out first, figure out why you are so intense/needy. That is the best shot that you have at making yourself happy.

You cant force her to be happy (with you) or force her to want what you want, or force her to want you (because you want her to). Most people at this stage, will walk away, and sort themselves out, but you are intensifying it further. You should want to know why you are doing this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Tattooed Heart

I'll cover everyone's post with this post and add-on as well. (Thank you everyone. You've been a help thus far)

@green_screen - Yes, it has been intense. She started talking about marriage and moving in together first, I just went with the flow it's very possible things did burn out.

@shalalala - After talking to her last night, once she was wanting to talk again I think more ground was covered, I'll explain this in the post after replying back to comments.

@Taltos - While I did say the cause of me drinking was the fighting, it was more the stress I was placed under. Between my Mother being in bad health conditions and not doing anything to solve it, my Father being an absolute tool bag, good friend of mine dying and other issues that have arose, I just felt like I needed someone to talk to, and while trying to talk to her, all she did was shut me down. After the amount of shut down, stress and depression I felt, I lost control. A person can only take so much before they break.

@dellas1979 - As covered in the above sentence, it wasn't to get someones attention, I needed a break from the crap that was going on. The last couple months personal wise have just been a toll and not being able to process//deal with said events just caused me to snap. It happened before a couple years ago never ended up in the hospital for it. Was odd. --- It's not really that I depend on her so much as once someone is there, and then leaves you kind of are left like, what the heck just happened?

Add-on;

So last night around the time of the post, I sent her a message and asked her what she was doing and she said she didn't want to talk - she had previously told me if she did something like that to keep going after her; 'If I start to run, don't let me go or I'll never come back' where her exact words. I had figured this was one of those moments where she wanted someone to chase, so I did. Around Midnight (I live in PST) she asked me if I was ready to talk to which I replied yes. Her reply(short handed) - 'The root of the problem is you' -- 'The depression and stress I feel comes from not being able to find someone to spend the rest of my life with' - A few other things but those are the two commanding factors, she said she emailed a place and is going to seek help. Perhaps the best bet is to cut ties if I'm the one who caused it. While something we had was so wonderful to start, perhaps my hospital trip (pre being admitted) was the downfall of my relationship.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

It sounds as though she has issues, and is trying to throw all of the blame at you. Neither of ye sound mentally or emotionally stable enough fora rrelationship, to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

I'd leave her alone now. I think between the pair of you, you've more than enough issues (Emotional as well as physical in your case OP) which need to be dealt with first.

Neither of you sound emotionally stable enough to maintain a relationship at the moment. Sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

A person can only take so much before they break.
    Not trying to be brutal here but you need to cop on OP - your life is at risk here. You need to find a safe way to vent. Ending up in hospital for 5 days is NOT safe and either shows a dangerous tendency to self-destruct or someone who craves attention so much they will jeopardise their own lives just to "force" a reaction. Either way not good. If someone came here asking how to handle someone who made such a choice my advice would be to simply cut all ties permanently... Seriously if you don't see this you really should try to find someone to talk to.
    she had previously told me if she did something like that to keep going after her; 'If I start to run, don't let me go or I'll never come back' where her exact words.
    And that to me is the nub of all of this.
    This shows someone who has in one sentence made all relationship failures someone elses responsibility. It's not hers for walking away, it's the ex's for not trying hard enough. Again similar to my advice to you to seek help she really does need to talk to someone about this. You don't have adult relationships framed by ultimatums, just like you don't handle a break and other stressful items by drinking yourself into hospital.

Short answer is OP you are both better off single right now, and both of you (but lets focus on you) need to go and seek some professional help not only on your medical condition but more importantly on how you react to stress in your life.

Advertisement