Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2011/2012

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Spanked

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

We are really up **** creek now as regards next season and the future. Van Persie as far as im concerned is gone and we are in serious danger of not reaching the champions league for next season. What are we going to do. This squad of players is nowhere near good enough and a lot of them are a disgrace to the Arsenal Jersey. We are an absolute shambles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭conno16

embarrassing..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,977 ✭✭✭Soups123

Must ask my manc mates what the Europa League is like to watch :pac:
    You've way more confidence than me if you think we'll manage to qualify

Fubared.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Fcuking disgraceful performance, just when we thought they had turned a corner they send us crashing back to reality with a performance akin to the level of commitment shown against United earlier in the season.

Not one player can walk away with there head held high, nor the manager who sat in his dugout slouched in his seat looking like a sulikng ten year old for majority of the game devoid of a plan b.

So fcuking pissed off with that drivel we were made endure tonight.

This place will be lively again now
    Wenger out again I suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Iluvjazzmasters

Long time lurker,first time poster! I'm a staunch Arsenal fan and love the club but tonight is one of the most disheartening displays Ive ever seen by the players. Some of whom are not fit to wear the jersey. This is so saddening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,569 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

That £55M in the TPA is what fans really want though, not results on the pitch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

The Ox should start in front of walcott from now on.

I can feel the ground moving from all the knees jerking.

Likewise I supposse Wenger knows best brigade will be out to, fighting there corner which seems to be getting smaller and smaller these days for good reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,059 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

amacachi wrote: »
    I can feel the ground moving from all the knees jerking.

Hardly knee jerk when it's been coming for the last three years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Surely you know how it works at this stage? We get humiliated and go on a run where we can't buy a win. Other seasons we've had a bit of leg room to allow for this, this season we'll be lucky to get Europa League.

• Advertisement

Likewise I supposse Wenger knows best brigade will be out to, fighting there corner which seems to be getting smaller and smaller these days for good reason.

The place was fairly quiet the last week after a couple of good results, some fans around here I think want us to be beaten

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

So who thinks that was the worst performance of the season tonight? In my books it was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Only Kos, Oxlade-Chamberlain and Henry/RVP maybe can walk away with any credit after tonight.

The place was fairly quiet the last week after a couple of good results, some fans around here I think want us to be beaten

Yeh the place was fairly quiet because we all knew we were being drawn into a false sense of hope so as I said in an earlier post I think everyone was waiting to see how it panned out knowing deep down how it would turn out, and to say some fans want us to loose really is a silly comment.

Nor is it a knee jerk reaction I called for Wengers head in the summer and the summer beforehand. Listening to RTE there talking a lot of sense.

L'prof wrote: »
    Surely you know how it works at this stage? We get humiliated and go on a run where we can't buy a win. Other seasons we've had a bit of leg room to allow for this, this season we'll be lucky to get Europa League.

Like the 9 wins in 12 league games after OT yeah?

• Advertisement

Its not a knee-jerk reaction. That performance was a ****ing disgrace. Losing 4 nil to Milan and 8-2 to Man Utd in the same season isnt good enough. These will go down as historically embarassing results for years to come. This is damaging Wengers Legacy and is seriously damaging the worldwide reputation of the football club. I am so angry right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Like the 9 wins in 12 league games after OT yeah?

No, like our 2nd half slump every season since Eduardo broke his leg!

Yeh the place was fairly quiet because we all knew we were being drawn into a false sense of hope so as I said in an earlier post I think everyone was waiting to see how it panned out knowing deep down how it would turn out, and to say some fans want us to loose really is a silly comment.

Nor is it a knee jerk reaction I called for Wengers head in the summer and the summer beforehand. Listening to RTE there talking a lot of sense.

I have seen better arsenal teams than this go down tamely in europe, we were poor but ac Milan were brilliant
    Dust ourselfs off and move on

Its not a knee-jerk reaction. That performance was a ****ing disgrace. Losing 4 nil to Milan and 8-2 to Man Utd in the same season isnt good enough. These will go down as historically embarassing results for years to come. This is damaging Wengers Legacy and is seriously damaging the worldwide reputation of the football club. I am so angry right now.

Yawn

But sure we're terrible and will probably get relegated in a few seasons so those matches will just be a footnote.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,198 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Me too. There is no fight in the team. If we lose to Sunderland on Sunday then Wenger is in real trouble. If 4th place goes then so does he for certain. Fans will not put up with that kind of display tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Occasion got to them IMO. We're not currently capable of being as good as that Milan team anyway but we're not that bad -tonnes of mistakes.

Biggest mistake from Wenger was thinking that we could go into that game with no pace. Without Fab, Nasri and Wilshire, we cannot just slow it down and play through organised defences. We need pace!!!

Still, so many individaul errors and poor performances. Confidance back on the floor.

Hoep Kos isn't too serious.

Anyway, we're still in fourth and hopefully the message is coming louder than evewr that we need serious strengthening.

Get Gerv back and start

OX - RVP - Gerv

Get Wilshire back and it looks brighter.

Edited to include: AND WHAT THE FCUK IS WITH TEAMS SCORING WITH EVERY SHOT ON TARGET AGAINST US!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭cashback

Ramsey was muck tonight after briefly impressing Saturday. Another one of his stupid flicks just before Milan's second gave away possession.

Going to be depressing watching this second leg knowing there's f**k all chance.

13654.jpg

Yawn
    Yeah bury your head in the sand and pretend everythings alright. Ive always been one of Wengers biggest fans but patience is wearing thin. So yeah everything is rosey and our heaviest defeat in the league and europe all in the same season is nothing to worry about then?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

I love this club but i cant take anymore of this, okay we havent got the players, but our attitude and lack of heart/fight disgusts me, i dont recall a Arsenal side so devoid of any passion or personality :(:( The Ox and Rvp must be looking around them on the pitch in disbelief......

How poor was Ramsey tonight as well, pathetic

But sure we're terrible and will probably get relegated in a few seasons so those matches will just be a footnote.
    Yeah because thats what I said? So yeah you dont see it as damaging losing 8-2 to Man Utd and losin 4-0 tonight? As an Arsenal fan we should be expecting more than the gutless performances from players in this squad.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Iluvjazzmasters

The players let Wenger down very badly tonight yet again, at the end of the day if they don't play that's it.
    I cant understand why he put rosicky out on the wing from the start, hes not direct enough,no pace and not his position.

Yeah because thats what I said? So yeah you dont see it as damaging losing 8-2 to Man Utd and losin 4-0 tonight? As an Arsenal fan we should be expecting more than the gutless performances from players in this squad.

If they go down as embarrassing results then I assume you see us bouncing back somewhat?

Look I'm as sick of some of the players as much as the rest of you and Wenger's faith in players like Walcott. If someone has a suggestion as to who should come in go for it.

Yawn
    Yeah bury your head in the sand and pretend everythings alright. Ive always been one of Wengers biggest fans but patience is wearing thin. So yeah everything is rosey and our heaviest defeat in the league and europe all in the same season is nothing to worry about then?

I'm yawning cause you only post lately after a loss so ya can give out.

If they go down as embarrassing results then I assume you see us bouncing back somewhat?

Look I'm as sick of some of the players as much as the rest of you and Wenger's faith in players like Walcott. If someone has a suggestion as to who should come in go for it.

Hazard, Gotze, M,Villa for starters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,064 ✭✭✭DenMan

Gutted!!! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Those guys won't want to drop down a level to play Europa League football though.

Just to underline that: OptaJoe - "Tonight's match was the first time in 222 European games (excl. qualifiers) that Arsenal have lost by 4+ goals. Mauled."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Tonight told me something I already knew - We just arent good enough.

Those guys won't want to drop down a level to play Europa League football though.

Oh I know that, but as we speak we are in the top four ;). I was asked what players should we get in they were the first three that popped into my head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,220 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

13654.jpg

Wouldn't take him long to hang up if you did.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

gosplan wrote: »
    Anyway, we're still in fourth and hopefully the message is coming louder than evewr that we need serious strengthening.
    Aye, maybe summer 2013 will be a case of the classic 11th time lucky with regards to it finally dawning on Wenger...

hmm...

Look at the bright side: at least this leaves us less games in the run in, thus perhaps increasing the odds of us squeezing into fourth, thus keeping the CL last 16 gravy train running for another year, thus allowing the board and Wenger to justify their performance, thus allowing us another summer of inactivity, thus causing more key players to leave, thus resulting in more humiliating defeats at the hands of our rivals, thus resulting in a bit of panic buying to try and get us back into the race for 4th, thus ensuring we are forever in a cycle of false drama where we spend our time thinking how important it is not that we win anything, but rather that we finish in 4th place out of 20.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Listening to RTE there talking a lot of sense.
    Does not compute :P

Manager.

• Advertisement

Manager.

Never heard of him, is he any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭sundula

The players really let Wenger down, the Wolves players put in a similar cowardly performance and displayed a similar lack of respect for their manager against WBA(and most of the last 3 monthes) and got him the sack.

Some of the guys in that Arsenal squad are just coasting and trading on the fact they play for a 'big' club and manager with Wengers rep bought them as if that means they are some how gifted. They could do with a serious kick in the bollo*.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,198 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Was the excuse announced yet ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

The board and Wenger to a certain degree need to look at themselves in the mirror and realise success is based on the field and not off it.

It was hard enough watching that from the comfort of my home, just imagine how you'd feel travelling to Milan to watch that:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

They will be going to big clubs

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement