Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2011/2012

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,206 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

keano_afc wrote: »
    Dude, I was being sarcastic. Read Gunnerblogs reaction to tonight. Says it all really. We're being sold short by a stubborn manager and a board lying to the fans.

True and I have been saying that for ages. There will be plenty of booing from now on as that team is going downhill fast. No pride or passion from the players nor from manager or board.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭jordainius

I blame the board a lot more than Wenger, but change is required at both managerial and board level.

Wenger reminds me more and more every day of Brian Clough in his final years at Nottingham Forest. He effectively had a job for life at Forest on the back of his success in his first 6 or so years, then things stagnated for a decade before it all culminated in relagation in his final season, and Forest haven't really recovered since.

We like Forest will suffer "relegation"; from the Champions League.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

I think it was in the 88th minute we won the ball just inside our own half, Bolton had committed men forward. The player who won the ball, RVP and one other guy jogged forward, very slowly, within half a minute Bolton had most of their men back. By the time a few of our players got forward we lost the ball. Then about 4 Bolton players sprinted forward as fast as they could in search of a goal.

There's a serious lack of desire in this team right now. They all seem to love talking the talk, none more so than Theo, who whipped out his usual passionate speech following the Villa win, claiming they'd done it for the fans. Where was the performance for the fans tonight, where was the passion on the pitch? Even Henry looked like he didn't care when he came on, a ball came his way in the last few minutes and he didn't even jump for the header. Song seems to have resorted to just fouling anyone that comes within 5 yards of him. Ramsey is clearly lacking in confidence and needs to be left out of this team right now. Walcott offered very little as he has been doing for far too long.

Extremely long rant about Wenger, don't bother reading, I just needed to vent :p
    Going back to the start of the 09/10 season I have wanted to see the back of Wenger and this is why; He built a wonderful team, the best side this club had ever seen, and achieved something spectacular in the 03/04 season. The next season we struggled after losing that league game to United but eventually won the FA Cup, and of course the season after we reached a champions league final. By then the team from 2004 was beginning to break apart or get old, so he needed to rebuild. This he did very well and in 07/08 we made a great run at the league, went 5 points clear in March if I remember correctly, but after that Birmingham game things went a bit haywire. It was after this season he seemed to, for me, just go a bit off the rails. The team that won the league in 2004 had been in construction since we had previously won the league a couple of seasons before. They needed time to mould and eventually achieved success. Wenger allowed the team of 2008 to just fall apart without sufficiently replacing players. He let Flamini, Gilberto and Diarra all go that season, and who were they replaced with? Denilson and Song, and as we know, only Song has shown any kind of form, and only for a short while now. Kolo Toure and William Gallas didn't get on, something which as far as I'm aware played a big roll in Kolo's departure. Wenger had such faith in Gallas that he not only made him captain, but he allowed one of our longest serving and best center halves leave the club. Hleb, who did really well that year, was allowed to leave as well (I know he's done very poorly since but it was Barca who signed him, he was obviously good with us). What I felt by the start of the 09/10 season was that we had let a good side fall apart without replacing anyone. I felt we were becoming a side that wasn't challenging for the title anymore. Wenger has let that happen. He has allowed this team to form at the club, a team that just doesn't work hard enough. A United fan said to me yesterday the only reason they are still in the title race is because regardless of how poor the players are they always have an attitude that they are winners and will win. We have an attitude that we will win and we don't even have to work for it. At the start of this season I actually began to rejoin the pro-wenger camp, the reason being that I thought the damage had already been done, and that we were no longer close to title challengers, but I felt he was probably the best man to at least get us top 4 every year, it seems I was wrong about that. It's a sad state of affairs, and maybe I'm just being melodramatic because we've had a bit of a bad run, but Arsenal FC seems to be a club that isn't going to achieve much any time soon without a great deal of change taking place first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

jesus we are sh1t. Though looking at the stats Bolton deserved their draw.

Arsene is still the man, he just needs the funds. So i blame the board. Kronke you are killing us.

but im just a lowly worker bee so my opinion dont mean sh1t.

peace out

p.s. theo jump off a bridge

There was someone on TalkSport the other morning saying that Usmanov wants to spend money but that for whatever reason, Wenger isn't spending it and that whenever Wenger goes, you'll see a big spend at the club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

kraggy wrote: »
    There was someone on TalkSport the other morning saying that Usmanov wants to spend money but that for whatever reason, Wenger isn't spending it and that whenever Wenger goes, you'll see a big spend at the club.

Why does this remind me of the goose that lays golden eggs ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,569 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Thank Christ I didn't bother staying up to watch that shíte last night.

We have Wilshere out for all of this season. And next season we'll probably lose Ramsey for the season due to him being waaaaaay too overplayed, especially after coming back from such a bad injury that he had.

The fact we didn't strengthen in January when it was clear this squad isn't good enough to get 4th is truly shocking. Although considering we have the Fabregas and Nasri saes to offset the lost CL revenue I'm not too suprised by the board and managers decision not to spend.

The Milan game is going to be tough to watch, especially as it will most likely be our last CL game for a while unless there's a serious shake up at board and possibly managerial level.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

I still fancy us against Milan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭newbie2

9181717.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

newbie2 wrote: »
    9181717.jpg
    Don't keep it that well any more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

7th place when Spurs are third. Not happy to say the least. Arsenal should be challenging for the title, not scrapping with Newcastle and Liverpool for the glory of a Europa League spot.

Wenger, despite being great is doing a lot of things wrong. I think a lot of the players lack a footballing brain. Walcott and Gervinho being 2 examples. Great speed and when they get into good positions shoot when they should pass, pass when they should shoot and when they get to the by-line and cross they hit the first defender. This is probably physically the fastest and strongest Arsenal team yet. But I'd forgo Walcotts pace, Gervinho's strength and the rest of the players height for Marc Overmars, Freddie Ljunberg, Robert Pires, and Sylvain Wiltord. All those possessed footballing brains far and above anything the current players have, bar maybe Van Persie, Ramsey, and Wilshere.

Things are looking grim unfortunately :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

Snakeblood wrote: »
    RVP just needs to use Arshavin as an organ bank.

Just remember Arshavin has no HEART. :mad:

And the Brain isn't up to much either. :rolleyes:
    Fcuking disgrace!!! At this stage I just want this season over and done with I cant see our league form improving a whole lot. Song and Ramsey have been terrible of late but who have we got better to bring on.

That was why I thought letting Frimpong out on loan was lunacy. :mad:
    Wenger and the board can spout on about finances all they want but its about time they realised without success there will be no money and if they let things slide to far it will be very hard come back.

No top players want to play in teams not in the champions league, so we wont get top drawer players, revenues will fall all over with no champions league money rolling in, attendances will drop, fan base will drop as there will be no new young fans coming on board buying jerseys etc time to buck up or fcuk off that goes to the players, the board and the manager.How long can we go on watching this slide downwards?

The whole setup has gotten very stale and it is time that a new management team is formed.
    Nothing is learnt from one year to the next, dross is kept and instead of being moved on it is added to.
    As a courtesy for his past achievements give him until the end of the season.
    jesus we are sh1t. Though looking at the stats Bolton deserved their draw.

Arsene is still the man, he just needs the funds. So i blame the board. Kronke you are killing us.

but im just a lowly worker bee so my opinion dont mean sh1t.

peace out

p.s. theo jump off a bridge

How can you one minute claim Wenger is still the man and the next minute want the guy he keeps playing to jump off a bridge. :confused:

Kroenke may not be giving the funds, but Wenger is the guy responsible for picking the players, telling them how to play and putting the formation together.

I am not allowed discuss …

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

I think we're missing gervinho he does stupid things at times, but his runs create space for van perise and gives Ramsey a second option to pass too
    Both men have looked poorer when he not around

amacachi wrote: »
    I still fancy us against Milan.

On what basis ?
    Is it our fast flowing football ?
    Our tigerish tackling ?
    Our do or die attitude ?
    Or from something else you have see over the last 6 years ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Frisbee wrote: »

The fact we didn't strengthen in January when it was clear this squad isn't good enough to get 4th is truly shocking. Although considering we have the Fabregas and Nasri saes to offset the lost CL revenue I'm not too suprised by the board and managers decision not to spend.

I wouldn't be that sure about Arsenal not getting 4th to be honest. Chelsea and Liverpool are very hot and cold. You may not have won in a while but the gap isn't that big and they both have problems up front....an area in which you guys are set with RvP.

Defenders may win leagues but you guys are nowhere near that. Strikers win games and I have a funny feeling you may win enough to sneak 4th over Chelsea and Liverpool.

Also, bear in mind you are still in the champions league this season. The extra revenue if you can beat Milan will help alot even if you don't manage it this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Kirby wrote: »
    I wouldn't be that sure about Arsenal not getting 4th to be honest. Chelsea and Liverpool are very hot and cold. You may not have won in a while but the gap isn't that big and they both have problems up front....an area in which you guys are set with RvP.

Defenders may win leagues but you guys are nowhere near that. Strikers win games and I have a funny feeling you may win enough to sneak 4th over Chelsea and Liverpool.

Also, bear in mind you are still in the champions league this season. The extra revenue if you can beat Milan will help alot even if you don't manage it this year.

If he doesnt get injured. If he does I cant see us winning any games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

If I got my tinfoil hat on for a momemt, I have a sneaking suspicion he is under a "no contact" rule in training. Does every drill and exercise but he is not aloud to take part in any practice match. Or perhaps a no contact practice match. Similar to Ledley King.

He's been fit all season and thats the first time it's ever happened at Arsenal. There has to be a reason why.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

On what basis ?
    Our tigerish tackling ?
    Our do or die attitude ?

The CL record over the last six years would actually lead anyone to believe that we'd beat Milan.

I get your point but you need to focus less on this 'six year' thing. It's not that immeadiatly after the FA cup final, Wenger flicked a switch in his methods and that's why we've won nothing since. He just never successfully rebuilt the invincibles team and when he came close, players he relied on opted to leave.

His and the clubs failure is not primarily that we haven't won a trophy in six years, but that the squad has been allowed to get to the state it is currently in. Part of that is overreliance on inexperienced players, part of it is terrible luck with injuries, but a huge chunk of it is the players that for one reason or another don't want to be a part of Arsenal F.C. - Nasri, Fabregas, Ade, Gallas, Cole, Diarra, Flamini, Clichy, Hleb etc. Unless we turn our league form around, this season will not stop that trend and until we stop that trend, we will never compete with the top teams.

I get that we experienced a huge contraction in order to get the stadium built but now it's ready and we need to invest in the team.

To give a simple comparison. Luis Nani arrived to much fanfare at United. He started playing well in his first season and then became inconsistant like Walcott. He played 13 league games the next season, mostly as a substitute, and sat on the bench watching Giggs, park, Ronaldo, Rooney, Tevez and Berbatov show him how it should be done.

Regardless of from, Walcott has played 20+ league games every year since coming to Arsenal. He has no-one to learn off and we can't drop him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Noo

What will happen when gervinho comes back? If oxo gets dropped that'll leave him lurking after theos place, and he won't have to lurk for long.

Noo wrote: »
    What will happen when gervinho comes back? If oxo gets dropped that'll leave him lurking after theos place, and he won't have to lurk for long.

He will rest the ox more than anyone else

• Advertisement

On what basis ?
    Our tigerish tackling ?
    Our do or die attitude ?

If the team get up for it at all they'll beat Milan.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

If the team get up for it at all they'll beat Milan.

But this is one of the biggest problems, lack of motivation. Wenger cant do it, so who will push them on? We have lacked desire so often this season, why would there suddenly be a huge display of wanting to win against Milan?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Saw this and had to post it here.For all Wenger's good work at getting Arsenal playing some truly beautiful football,his belligerence at times is bewildering.

If RVP gets injured he has no decent cover.Players that have gone stale such as Arshavin which should have been replaced.

Wenger sat back last night near the end of the game as Bolton threatened to snatch a winner and seemed to lack any passion or fire as if he would have been resigned to the defeat.

This mock poster was on talksport's site.Both funny and sad in equal measure.

ManOnALedgeArseneWenger.JPG

keano_afc wrote: »
    But this is one of the biggest problems, lack of motivation. Wenger cant do it, so who will push them on? We have lacked desire so often this season, why would there suddenly be a huge display of wanting to win against Milan?

We were unbelievably close to beating Barcelona last year, we can beat anyone on our day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Noo wrote: »

He wont have the balls to drop Walcott, it shouldnt matter how old or inexperienced the Ox is he should be starting ahead of Walcott all day long. I agree with the point that were missing Gervinho too, since he's been gone we've lost 3 and drew 1.

I know why Wenger didnt buy in January as he will be saying to himself Diaby will be back soon and he will be like a new signing in itself :rolleyes::confused:

I've said it a few times but please please please revert back to 4-4-2 Arsene :(

We were unbelievably close to beating Barcelona last year, we can beat anyone on our day.

The thing is these days beating anyone on your day isn't good enough.The likes of Bolton should be bread & butter for Arsenal.

I think Wenger has lost his passion for the fight and this is reflecting on the players.

• Advertisement

zerks wrote: »
    The thing is these days beating anyone on your day isn't good enough.

In a knock-out competition it can be though.

In a knock-out competition it can be though.

Would you be worried that a win over Milan would be just papering over the cracks?

Would you be worried that a win over Milan would be just papering over the cracks?

Not really. League is gone. We know that. We've two ways of getting into the CL next year, get 4th or win it this year. It would take less, and less frequent luck, for us to win the CL IMO.
    Looking at the other 7 CL ties and are there any of the second seeds we wouldn't be favorites against? If all favorites win there's APOEL, Bayern Munich and Benfica who we should have no problems with. Chelsea and Inter I'd make slight favorites against us leaving just the two spanish teams who I wouldn't fancy our chances against.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Gringo180 wrote: »
    I've said it a few times but please please please revert back to 4-4-2 Arsene :(
    This was brought up several times this season, while I'd love to see it happen, we simply dont have the players to do it properly.

Back five more or less picks itself when (or maybe I should say if...) every one is fit. Problems we have are who to play on the wings, and who to play up top with van Persie?

Arguements sake:

Arteta -- Song -- Wilshere -- Chamberlain

van Persie -- Park? Chamakh? Arshavin? Gervinho? Walcott?

That doesnt exactly fill me with confidance. We need a few more players for 4-4-2 to even be considered imo. Arteta would be wasted on the wing but we can hardly just leave out Song or Wilshere.

I'd rather something like 4-4-1-1 with Arteta behind van Persie, but that still leaves us having to play someone like Walcott again.

Walcott -- Song -- Wilshere -- Chamberlain

Arteta

van Persie

Upside of that is we can have Arteta, Chamberlain and Wilshere all swapping roles if needed. Problem again, is Walcott. Gervinho is really our only other option (Pretending Arshavin doesnt exist) and he hasnt exactly been great this season either. This is also assuming Chamberlain keeps up his recent form. We definitly need another striker either way, ideally one who can play on the wings too so he doesnt only play when van Persie isnt in the team.

Saying that, Wenger wont change mid season unless injuries force his hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Saw this and had to post it here.For all Wenger's good work at getting Arsenal playing some truly beautiful football,his belligerence at times is bewildering.

If RVP gets injured he has no decent cover.Players that have gone stale such as Arshavin which should have been replaced.

Wenger sat back last night near the end of the game as Bolton threatened to snatch a winner and seemed to lack any passion or fire as if he would have been resigned to the defeat.

This mock poster was on talksport's site.Both funny and sad in equal measure.

ManOnALedgeArseneWenger.JPG

Well Mert has being excellent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    This was brought up several times this season, while I'd love to see it happen, we simply dont have the players to do it properly.

Back five more or less picks itself when (or maybe I should say if...) every one is fit. Problems we have are who to play on the wings, and who to play up top with van Persie?

Arguements sake:

Arteta -- Song -- Wilshere -- Chamberlain

van Persie -- Park? Chamakh? Arshavin? Gervinho? Walcott?

That doesnt exactly fill me with confidance. We need a few more players for 4-4-2 to even be considered imo. Arteta would be wasted on the wing but we can hardly just leave out Song or Wilshere.

I'd rather something like 4-4-1-1 with Arteta behind van Persie, but that still leaves us having to play someone like Walcott again.

Walcott -- Song -- Wilshere -- Chamberlain

Arteta

van Persie

Upside of that is we can have Arteta, Chamberlain and Wilshere all swapping roles if needed. Problem again, is Walcott. Gervinho is really our only other option (Pretending Arshavin doesnt exist) and he hasnt exactly been great this season either. This is also assuming Chamberlain keeps up his recent form. We definitly need another striker either way, ideally one who can play on the wings too so he doesnt only play when van Persie isnt in the team.

Saying that, Wenger wont change mid season unless injuries force his hand.
    I'd go with

Benayoun Arteta Song Oxo

Gervinho Van Persie

And when Wilshere is back id leave out Song, as I think Arteta is a far more consistent and all round better player than Song.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,158 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

The funniest thing about that poster is that Theo Walcott's name isn't on it.

Agree Mertesacker has got a very hard time from people, he was shíte before he'd even stepped out on a pitch. People heard he was slow (which is very, very true) and jumped on it. He's done well enough, has been caught out for pace at times but we knew that'd be an issue.

Harsh on Henry as well. He's had little game time and I wouldn't blame him for not contributing when he came on last night, the last 15-20 minutes Arsenal were pathetically just holding on.

The funniest thing about that poster is that Theo Walcott's name isn't on it.

Agree Mertesacker has got a very hard time from people, he was shíte before he'd even stepped out on a pitch. People heard he was slow (which is very, very true) and jumped on it. He's done well enough, has been caught out for pace at times but we knew that'd be an issue.

Harsh on Henry as well. He's had little game time and I wouldn't blame him for not contributing when he came on last night, the last 15-20 minutes Arsenal were pathetically just holding on.

Mertesacker is more or less OK once Koscielny is next to him. Ya need two different CBs and Mertesacker is the not-fast one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭the untitled user

his belligerence at times is bewildering.

Do you understand what that word means? Ferguson is belligerent. Dalgleish is belligerent. Warnock is beliigerent beyond belief.

Wenger's just stubborn.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Almunia has been left out of the squad for the rest of the season. Looks like that's the last of him!

We had Fabregas then, they have him now. Nasri gone too.
    We are much weaker this year and there is a great lack of passion and ambition at our club now from the top down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

there is a great lack of passion and ambition at our club now from the top down.

Don't really buy that at all.

Our problem is that the players aren't as good as we'd like them to be and the ambition from management and the board is primarily focussed on maintaining healthy finances.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

gosplan wrote: »

Our problem is that the players aren't as good as we'd like them to be and the ambition from management and the board is primarily focussed on maintaining healthy finances.

Really you dont see it? Yes maybe some of the players arent as good as what weve had in the past and yes we do have some battlers in the squad but not many.

How many times have we gone behind and you can literally see the heads drop? There no players left in the squad who will roar and shout at players grab a game by the scruff of the neck and say hang on were still in this your not having it al your own way.

That is down to management not being able to motivate his players enough to go out and fight for every last second. We all know in the last few games weve had the better players than our oppossition but yet failed to take the victorys what would you put that down to? They showed in the 2nd half against Villa when they want they can perform there just not arsed half the time and that was because of a half time talk from the Captain not the manager. Its as if theyve given up on the league already and have no belief in themselve in getting fourth place once again its up to the manager to motivate them and give them belief that they can do it which hes clearly not doing.

We had Fabregas then, they have him now. Nasri gone too.
    We are much weaker this year and there is a great lack of passion and ambition at our club now from the top down.

Fabregas cost us against Barcelona.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Fabregas cost us against Barcelona.

Agreed, Wilshere was our stand out performer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Almunia has been left out of the squad for the rest of the season. Looks like that's the last of him!
    Seen the list earlier and didnt even notice that :o

It's amazing that Szczesny is still an Under 21 player. He's one of our most important players! Wilshere too, but big things were expected of him for a while now.

Do you understand what that word means? Ferguson is belligerent. Dalgleish is belligerent. Warnock is beliigerent beyond belief.

Wenger's just stubborn.

I understand perfectly what it means,in the context of my post it meant his attitude when it came to any questioning of his team or his selections.

Any good players we had were sold to make money for the board. I don't need to list them. The same thing will happen in the future with the good young ones coming through now. History repeats itself, especially at Arsenal.
    A friend of mine in London who lives close to the ground and who is a lifelong supporter says that anger is mounting with the fans. One point out of a possible twelve in the last four games is not good enough. If that's not bad enough you have many players not even trying and management is doing nothing about it. No replacement for RVP and no second proven goalscorer bought. There are rumours that some of our experienced players are not happy and might want away in the summer too, not just RVP.
    And some of you don't buy that at all ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

As a few others have said that is not the total story.
    It is too simplistic and too much of an excuse for the management to claim that it is down to the quality of the players.

I keep harping on about the fact that the club no longer has any real leaders.
    The great teams of the past always had a few leaders who could drag a team along.
    Now continous substandard displays are tolerated both by management and fellow players.

Arshavin is actually a pretty decent footballer, yet when he plays for Arsenal he looks like a guy on a sunday morning after a big feed of drink the night before who can't be bothered trying.

Other teams have some less talented individuals yet you can see their team playing for one another and really putting in the work.
    Arsenal has too many passengers.

Liverppol the other week played against Bolton and were truly cr**.
    Actually some of the displays were the norm for some Arsenal players.
    Even Gerard couldn't be bothered tracking players.

But did Daglish put up with a similar display in the next games ?
    No they went out and drew with City and beat united.

I am not allowed discuss …

Any good players we had were sold to make money for the board. I don't need to list them. The same thing will happen in the future with the good young ones coming through now. History repeats itself, especially at Arsenal.
    A friend of mine in London who lives close to the ground and who is a lifelong supporter says that anger is mounting with the fans. One point out of a possible twelve in the last four games is not good enough. If that's not bad enough you have many players not even trying and management is doing nothing about it. No replacement for RVP and no second proven goalscorer bought. There are rumours that some of our experienced players are not happy and might want away in the summer too, not just RVP.
    And some of you don't buy that at all ??

What players were sold to make money for the board

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,059 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Nasri, Adebayour, and Toure, to name just a few. They were never replaced.

jmayo wrote: »

As a few others have said that is not the total story.
    It is too simplistic and too much of an excuse for the management to claim that it is down to the quality of the players.

I keep harping on about the fact that the club no longer has any real leaders.
    The great teams of the past always had a few leaders who could drag a team along.
    Now continous substandard displays are tolerated both by management and fellow players.

Arshavin is actually a pretty decent footballer, yet when he plays for Arsenal he looks like a guy on a sunday morning after a big feed of drink the night before who can't be bothered trying.

Other teams have some less talented individuals yet you can see their team playing for one another and really putting in the work.
    Arsenal has too many passengers.

Liverppol the other week played against Bolton and were truly cr**.
    Actually some of the displays were the norm for some Arsenal players.
    Even Gerard couldn't be bothered tracking players.

But did Daglish put up with a similar display in the next games ?
    No they went out and drew with City and beat united.

Arshavin has always been lazy were just pointing it out alot more now he never tracked back or done anything without the ball at anytime at the club

Quazzie wrote: »
    Nasri, Adebayour, and Toure, to name just a few. They were never replaced.

None of them were sold to make money
    Adebayour and nasri pushed there way out
    And we sold we sold toure cause we had more faith in gallas and they hated eachother

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,059 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

And we sold we sold toure cause we had more faith in gallas and they hated eachother

That still doesn't explain why there was no effort made to replace them with all the money that was available to them.

• Advertisement

Quazzie wrote: »

That still doesn't explain why there was no effort made to replace them with all the money that was available to them.

I agree that we should have spent more, but I'm not having we sold them to make money

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement