Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airline travel with bicycle

Options
  • 11-09-2014 11:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭

Anybody got any experience with airline travel from Australia to Dublin with their bicycle?
    How much extra did it cost, or did it cost any extra at all?
    Going back for a month and i'd love to bring my bike with me, so any info or tips would be great. cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭pete4130

Depending on the airline, they have a bicycle add on. Usually about $50 or something. Some airlines do not and the bicycle is part of your checked luggage allowance.
    If there is a bicycle add on option you usually get about 32KG's. Best thing to do is get a bike box from a bike shop and break your bike down, pack it in and throw some clothes in there to use up the allowance and to offer it some protection.

Just check with your airline how they operate with bikes.

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭danotroy

Do a search there is another thread on this topic. My experience with Qatar was great. extra free allowance for bikes.

Advertisement