Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

5k Run in Aid of The Ireland Fund (Melbourne & Sydney)

Options
  • 12-09-2014 12:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Hopefully this doesn't contravene the Boards rules.

I am involved with The Australia Ireland Fund here in Melbourne.

For the first time ever, the collective chapters of The Ireland Fund Young Leaders from around the world will host an event together, The Irish Run the World, a Global 5K race.

On October 4th 2014, the event will span over 20hrs, and cover over 50km, in 11 different cities and 4 different countries. The Melbourne event is at Albert Park in Melbourne with Sonia O'Sullivan as our patron, the Young Leaders will run/walk a 5km in their respective city before passing the ‘virtual baton’ off to the next city.

The world event will start at 8am in Sydney at 8am in Sydney Park (they will be joining the park run there).

The big news is Clonakilty will be providing the bbq that morning. They are hoping to release their sausages that morning at the event(to be confirmed within the next week or two), so you can have a real sausage and pudding sandwich washed down with a cup of Barrys Tea!

The Global 5k will conclude when the last young leader crosses the finish line in San Francisco!

All funds raised will go to benefit The Ireland Funds Promising Ireland Campaign to assist worthy charities across the island of Ireland and Irish causes around the world. Since its establishment, The Ireland Funds Young Leaders Society has raised over $1 million for the work of The Ireland Funds.

http://theirelandfunds.org/upcoming-events/id.629/title.The-Irish-Run-the-World-Annual-Global-5k-2014

For anyone based in Australia, it is a great networking group to be involved in, that is also a worthwhile charity.

We are also working on getting in contact with a number of other Irish sports people to attend the event on the day.

For anyone interested in getting involved in the event, feel free to PM me your email and I will send through the invites.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭In Exile

HI again,

This isn't a blatant attempt to bump the thread because I do have some very important news!

Clonakilty have told us they will be using the Melbourne event to launch their range of sausages in Australia.

So, sign up, run 5ks and get a free sausage and pudding sandwich!

Clonakilty will probably be announcing this via their social media outlets today or tomorrow

Advertisement