Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chit Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Mod warning: Guys, please don't make negative remarks about any person or group of people directly. The SU do a lot of good work and this is one of the busiest weeks of the college year for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭CailinGaillimh

Eight request for information on timetables on the SU fb page and not one reply. <mod edit>

Gremlins may have corrupted all files containing timetables :O

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Un Croissant

Gremlins may have corrupted all files containing timetables :O

Seems to be happening everywhere.

Am I right in saying that Tefl places will be announced tomorrow?

Timetables are up. The confusion and anger has already begun.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭131spanner

Where did you get them? No mention of them on the SU Facebook page nor the MISU website, trying and failing to load the college website now...

131spanner wrote: »
    Where did you get them? No mention of them on the SU Facebook page nor the MISU website, trying and failing to load the college website now...

Everyone's probably on it. Look up the student services section. near the bottom of the list it will mention timetables. It's not in the usual place

Anyone know how they split the groups into 4 groups?

Seemingly 4th year BA ECCE & B.Ed Psych are non existent...just an observation

Second year history and French are on at the same time. It's supposed to be French and geography and theology at the same time. I turned down psychology to do French and history.

Hopefully it's a mistake.

French and history are on the same time for first years I understand. The French department were always complaining g about it. Right too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Intouch9

Does anyone know... are mature B. Eds normally in Group 1 or does it vary?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Intouch9 wrote: »
    Does anyone know... are mature B. Eds normally in Group 1 or does it vary?

It certainly used to be that way when I was there a few years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

An File wrote: »
    It certainly used to be that way when I was there a few years ago.

As of last year that was still the way, I presume that it will be the same this year.

Thanks a mil guys!

My heart is broken dealing with the timetable muck up today. It's being rescheduled to how it was supposed to be by the morningHow much is the private tefl course?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Ciderswigger

Ummm... anyone waiting on exam results? It says on the si.ul.ie site that they'll be out at noon today but I'm not seeing anything. Would it have anything to do with me being a 4th year? Am I out of the system or anything?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

Ummm... anyone waiting on exam results? It says on the si.ul.ie site that they'll be out at noon today but I'm not seeing anything. Would it have anything to do with me being a 4th year? Am I out of the system or anything?

UL's are definitely out, would it be the same as the usual exam results that ours are out later?

angeldaisy wrote: »
    UL's are definitely out, would it be the same as the usual exam results that ours are out later?

It says that they're available from noon today but when you log in it STILL says that. Bah!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭kevin12345

It says that they're available from noon today but when you log in it STILL says that. Bah!!!

I think they're out Monday at 9am. As far as I know they are having an exam board meeting today.

• Advertisement

kevin12345 wrote: »
    I think they're out Monday at 9am. As far as I know they are having an exam board meeting today.

A friend rang and Student Services said that they'd be out at 2.30 today.... so far, nothing. :mad::(:rolleyes:

Edit: I got them at 5.30. TMI - Typical Mary I!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 care_bear

Is there any place in the college for students to leave suitcases on a Friday instead of dragging bags upstairs for lectures before heading to the train station? It would be ideal if there was such a place.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭kittycati

care_bear wrote: »
    Is there any place in the college for students to leave suitcases on a Friday instead of dragging bags upstairs for lectures before heading to the train station? It would be ideal if there was such a place.

Dunno if they are big enough for you but few used to use the lockers in foundation building or tailteann

The ladies who man the reception desk are absolutely lovely so you might ask them and see if they would mind it for a couple of hours!

• Company Representative Posts: 195 Verified rep MISU Office

The ladies who man the reception desk are absolutely lovely so you might ask them and see if they would mind it for a couple of hours!

We can't take cases in at the Union Reception due to health, safety and security reasons. We understand the main reception is the same. We advise students that they are free to leave them in the Student Lounge which is covered by CCTV. The Prez and Vice Prez will look into the possibility of a luggage room in the college for a Friday.

I've heard it's possible to do your FYP on your elective (mine is a geography module) can anyone confirm?

The best person to ask may be the head of the geography department. I know it's possible to do your FYP on electives such as TEFL, IT and Gender Studies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭131spanner

I've heard it's possible to do your FYP on your elective (mine is a geography module) can anyone confirm?

If I remember right from talking to lecturers last year, you can do your FYP on almost anything, but having it relevant to one of your subjects / electives is best as it'll be easier to get help from your supervising lecturer.

Not 100% on that, but that's the gist I got :)

Did the library get done up recently?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

Well the reception got a facelift! Looks nice but nothing else has changed

Advertisement