Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Paid VRT, now my NCT

Options
  • 21-08-2016 5:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hi all,

I paid my VRT last week. The VRT woman told me to book an NCT after 3 days when my details would be in the system. I booked and its Tuesday.

The NCT website asks you to bring your Driving license and vehicle registration book, registration certificate or licensing certificate. Seeing as I dont have my cert yet(awaiting this), should I contact them or to rebook or turn up with my VRT receipt?

I now think I should have waited for my Cert but its too late now.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭savagethegoat

the worst that would happen is that they wouldn't issue your NCT cert until you had produced your VLC. Press on.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

ianiemac wrote: »
    Hi all,

I paid my VRT last week. The VRT woman told me to book an NCT after 3 days when my details would be in the system. I booked and its Tuesday.

The NCT website asks you to bring your Driving license and vehicle registration book, registration certificate or licensing certificate. Seeing as I dont have my cert yet(awaiting this), should I contact them or to rebook or turn up with my VRT receipt?

I now think I should have waited for my Cert but its too late now.

Some don't look for it and if they do it's OK test can be done they may keep cert if passes until you show vlc

• Registered Users Posts: 18,889 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Never been asked for it. They always asked for DL or PP, still had people in the queue looking for there's even after the people ahead of them were asked and had to look!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭iano.p

Paid vrt last Friday two weeks ago had nct the next Monday never got asked for log book just was asked is it taxed and for my license is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 ianiemac

iano.p wrote: »
    Paid vrt last Friday two weeks ago had nct the next Monday never got asked for log book just was asked is it taxed and for my license is all.

Its unlikely you had your tax disc at that stage. Did they just take your word for it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭iano.p

ianiemac wrote:
    Its unlikely you had your tax disc at that stage. Did they just take your word for it?

Nope went in tax office filled out a form got tax disc there and then.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 ianiemac

iano.p wrote: »
    Nope went in tax office filled out a form got tax disc there and then.

Hmmm, paid for my tax online so 90% should have tax disc before Tuesday evening. If I dont, Im unlucky!

I'll chance my arm either way. I will not have the cert so hopefully they wont ask!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

ianiemac wrote: »
    Hmmm, paid for my tax online so 90% should have tax disc before Tuesday evening. If I dont, Im unlucky!

I'll chance my arm either way. I will not have the cert so hopefully they wont ask!

There's a huge number of discs ordered online not arriving with the customer.
    Likelyhood is that they are going "missing" in the post.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭corsav6

You don't need valid tax to Nct a car do you? I'm near certain I tested cars that had no tax before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭s15r330

I was never, ever asked for log book and i've tested a lot of cars.
    Also, a car does not need to be taxed to get an nct.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

corsav6 wrote: »
    You don't need valid tax to Nct a car do you? I'm near certain I tested cars that had no tax before.

No car doesn't need tax.

Advertisement