Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New to magic

Options
  • 29-04-2008 4:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hey guys,

My names Declan but friends call me Deck, I'm only new to magic; about a month or so. It's great to see all you guys helping each other out here. A friend told me about boards where you could talk to anyone about anythin and I happened to come across this. I havent been able to find a magic shop in Dublin except for a few card tricks etc which I found in the arts
    & hobbies shop in town.

I've bought most of my tricks and illusions from ellusionist.com and penguin magic, my personal favourite being ellusionist.

I am hoping to attend the IBM Convention this weekend and am looking forward to meeting a lot of new people! Hope to see you all there.

If any of you guys or gals had any information on SIM or anything magic related it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Deck:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Hey Deck, welcome to Boards!

I might be making it to the convention myself as I only live 5 minutes away ... just hope I can get the time. I've seen the few bits in the Art & Hobby shop myself but its very limited. Like you I'm starting out so I hope to benefit from the experience of the other users here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 PlayTheDeck

yeah it is an amazing art! I only live 10mins away from it so I will be attending and hopefully making the most of the experience! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

yay, neighbours, who live within at least 15 minutes of each other....

well I live on the other side of the country and have no transport, so thats me out of the frame!

Welcome to BoardsIE Deck! The magic and illusion forum is quite a new one to be honest, but never the less, it's getting bigger all the time. We welcome your contribution, and hopefully, when you get further into this topic, you might even be able to help us.

Love the name by the way! Declan = Deck :D

~NevF

• Registered Users Posts: 25,229 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Hey man,
    I'm new to this stuff too, but I'm too poor to make it to the convention:(
    Also curse your incredibly appropriate name I'm damn jealous.

Advertisement