Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chat Thread - For Those That Love Craic

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭wannabegard

Anyone any good at inductive reasoning?

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭IvanT1984

So I go nearly 6 moths without sales calls then this past week or so I receive 7 usually from unknown numbers and every time I'm thinking its the call

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Dekkers

Well folks...just sticking me head in. First time in a long time. Haven't abandoned yis ha. How are we all? Any questions work away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

Dekkers wrote: »
    Well folks...just sticking me head in. First time in a long time. Haven't abandoned yis ha. How are we all? Any questions work away.

Well stranger!!!! How's PSNI treating you? Is it as good as we think it will be?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭wannabegard

Dekkers wrote: »
    Do you know of people from the republic of ireland in the PSNI and how do they find it. Are they looked on differently by both police officers and the public?

• Advertisement

Mop a top wrote: »
    Well stranger!!!! How's PSNI treating you? Is it as good as we think it will be?

Yeah I likes it alright Mop. If you're expectations are realistic you'll enjoy the job. I know I do, on the whole. There can be very boring periods and very busy periods. It's impossible to predict so key is to do as much as you can when you get the chance.

What stage are you at these days?

Do you know of people from the republic of ireland in the PSNI and how do they find it. Are they looked on differently by both police officers and the public?

There aren't many to be honest but short answer is none of your colleagues will look on you differently and even if they do that's their problem. Can't say what the public think of them but most of the people you talk to will be too drunk to notice any difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭DesertCreat_15

I've come accross a good few! Me being one of them!

And nope, colleagues don't look on you any different, why would they anyway?? You do get the odd person who has a convo about where I am from and get the whole 'fair play to you' spiel.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭Catdog33

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭HighburyLad

Catdog33 wrote: »

Personally I'm for it, it's to free up money for new boots on the ground, some of the stations their talking about see little to no action. I can understand people maybe feel safer when there is an actual physical station in their town or within their local area. I bet people don't even realise that for example Ballyclare, most arresting officers are from the Newtownabbey and Antrim police station, most of those stations listed are where the final few part time police officers are stationed, and within the next few years there won't be any part timers left. So for me it makes complete economic sense to do so, and it frees up millions in a short period of time.

The chief cons residence was up for sale and I think it sold, for 700k or there abouts; as there is no need for it since the Chief is from here and lives here, so that 700k will be paying (hopefully our) wages for the next year or so lol. Unfortunately the powers that be can't have it the way they want it, less money with the same level of service etc that can't happen with some sacrifices, and selling stations means more bods on the beat simple as that, the guards have been doing it now for a while and they're planning on bringing 500 a year for the foreseeable future. So again it's the right thing to do, and thats just my opinion, for what its worth, but I bet if someone was to submit a FOI about how many people actually use those stations pending closure, it would be minimal at best.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 elliotness

Has anybody fell in with anyone they have met at different recruitment stages? And at hotel gv?

I know I've seen a few familiar faces throughout the different processes.

Twitter today. 20 new recruits! 20!!! WTAF?!?!? Where's the rest??????

Who said that mop?

Edit: yikes just saw that!!!! Was that the last intake from campaign 1 then?? Very small...

Stephen Martin @AACMartinPSNI about 3h ago. Just checked my feed and it's there. Where's the other half of the squad

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭KevBo2015

That was the second last squad of the first campaign today, apparently there was only a few classes that went in. It was not like 36-38 that they have normally been up until now.

I'd imagine its something to do with them having money left last financial year and in a panic to spend it and get as many in as they could in the time frame.

Lol that squad has always been that size, this was the squad before the last of campaign 1309. Remember we all thought that was the last squad then a while after the last squad got the call. I thought there was 25 not 20 but knew it was pretty small, btw folks found this.

www.psni.police.uk/psni_recruitment_2015.pdf

Your welcome :D hopefully I won't be going through it all again, but good news for all round.

Edit: by the way the link is confirmation of a new campaign starting in September lol. Not my FOI but came across it in my searches ;)

KevBo2015 wrote: »
    That was the last squad of the first campaign today, apparently there was only a few classes that went in. It was not like 36-38 that they have normally been up until now.

I'd imagine its something to do with them having money left last financial year and in a panic to spend it and get as many in as they could in the time frame.

One more squad still left kev ;) lol

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭KevBo2015

One more squad still left kev ;) lol

haha yes you are correct.... been a loooooooooooooooooong week. Need some sleep!

KevBo2015 wrote: »
    haha yes you are correct.... been a loooooooooooooooooong week. Need some sleep!

Haha I can imagine mate, lucky sod lol :P still waiting on the letter mate never mind the call lol but I believe I'll get there with yas mate haha.

Should have been my ugly mug in that pic. Going to have a closer look and see if my old mucker is in it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Psni26

Lol that squad has always been that size, this was the squad before the last of campaign 1309. Remember we all thought that was the last squad then a while after the last squad got the call. I thought there was 25 not 20 but knew it was pretty small, btw folks found this.

www.psni.police.uk/psni_recruitment_2015.pdf

Your welcome :D hopefully I won't be going through it all again, but good news for all round.

Edit: by the way the link is confirmation of a new campaign starting in September lol. Not my FOI but came across it in my searches ;)

Happy days!

I was never sure what my intake number was, what comes after 1309? What it on any correspondence?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 .Q

elliotness wrote: »
    I was never sure what my intake number was, what comes after 1309? What it on any correspondence?

Your UID number should be in all correspondence including emails.

You would have needed your UID number which either started 1309 for campaign 1, started sept 2013 or 1405 for campaign 2 which started May 2014, for all your stages of application like your IST, AC, PCA and like .Q said it would have been on all the emails you received.

Cool, my intake is the 1405 batch then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Goonerdee

I know they always say to never wait for a job in the PSNI but it is hard. I had applied for other jobs when I thought the PSNI campaign was dead in the water and now one of them has offered me a job (it is my 2nd dream job). Although I have said yes, news of a new PSNI campaign has took the exitement off it. I have to keep reminding myself that this is an actual job offer, the PSNI is still a pipe dream. I just felt the need to share this. Wanting to join the police is like an addiction haha.

10.40pm tonight on BBC1. Programme about PSNI's organised crime branch if anyone is interested :-)

Goonerdee wrote: »
    I know they always say to never wait for a job in the PSNI but it is hard. I had applied for other jobs when I thought the PSNI campaign was dead in the water and now one of them has offered me a job (it is my 2nd dream job). Although I have said yes, news of a new PSNI campaign has took the exitement off it. I have to keep reminding myself that this is an actual job offer, the PSNI is still a pipe dream. I just felt the need to share this. Wanting to join the police is like an addiction haha.

Congrats on the job!!!! Don't let this detract from the real deal. Campaign 3 might never get off the ground where as you have an actual dream job!!! Whether it's number one or two in the dream job list who gives a fcuk?!?! You've managed to get something few have and many wish for. Well done and enjoy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Wannabegarda

Just a quick question....roughly how many recruits are picked to go to garnerville per intake?

• Advertisement

Just a quick question....roughly how many recruits are picked to go to garnerville per intake?

I've no idea. I think the first intake this year was about 38? I know lost lost campaign were about 40 but someone said it could be as many as 50! I don't know how many GV holds? I would hope they take the maximum each time

Advertisement