Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Battery drain on KitKat HTC One

• 06-04-2014 5:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭

Got the HTC One (M7) 10 days ago and after a few days updated to the latest software.
    Battery life is poor.
    Screen display to med or low. All the usual locations in 'OFF' but still barely getting 12 hrs on med- low usage.
    When I go to see what using the power its the 'Android System' hogging up to 90%
    Found this thread and it seems that its a bug in the update and I am not alone in experiencing the problem.
    http://www.htconeforum.com/forum/htc-one-help/2898-battery-drains-fast-after-android-4-4-kitkat-update.html

Is there anyway to resort to resetting to the previous os?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

I picked up one last week and getting a day out of it. It's what I expected and most phones you'd be doing well to get 2 days out of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Soggypants

bcmf wrote: »
    Got the HTC One (M7) 10 days ago and after a few days updated to the latest software.
    Battery life is poor.
    Screen display to med or low. All the usual locations in 'OFF' but still barely getting 12 hrs on med- low usage.
    When I go to see what using the power its the 'Android System' hogging up to 90%
    Found this thread and it seems that its a bug in the update and I am not alone in experiencing the problem.
    http://www.htconeforum.com/forum/htc-one-help/2898-battery-drains-fast-after-android-4-4-kitkat-update.html

Is there anyway to resort to resetting to the previous os?
    Hi. Just do a factory reset and the problem should be resolved. No need to erase everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭wardie101

I installed kit kat 2 weeks ago and battery was horrendous but installed the new update (4.19.401.11) and today seems better...

Will see how it settles down in the next few days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

wardie let us know how you get o n with the update.

Keano:.on med to light use I will barley get 12 hours.
    To day from full charge at 5am to now 41%.with about 30 mins surfing. No txt. A couple of emails and 1 sub 1 min call. Had the radio on for about 2 hrs (radio rather then app).
    Restarted the phone straight after taking off charge and again about 9am. Even the time taken to write this post has taken 1% of battery.

May bring it back to 3....or an expecting too much from a battery.

A quick read of an email and a reply and tbe battery now down to 28% and can barely hold the.phone it's that hot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,035 ✭✭✭✭Stark

I'm having similar issues with kitkat 4.4.2 on a Samsung. Did a Google and it looks like a common issue with that version.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭ftm2008

Also having issues.. hardly used the phone today and its at 27% now.. i generally get a day with heavy use .. definitely an problem

Soggypants wrote: »
    Hi. Just do a factory reset and the problem should be resolved. No need to erase everything.
    Thanks but I already did it.One of the first things I did. The only thing that I cant seem to do is to recalibrate the battery that was suggested. It wouldnt reboot. WIll try and find the link that suggested that.
    Home now and had to the phone on charge s it was in the teens and sod all use. I dont think uninstalling apps will do anything at it seems to widespread to be an app problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

is there any gadget out there to boost battery life??

OK. I found a post on Android central where other where having the same problem.
    This is the post

'I was instructed by HTC to do a battery calibration. The process involves charging the phone for at least ten minutes, then powering it off making sure fastboot is unchecked and then hold power, volume up, and volume down for two minutes straight.. it will reboot several times. Seemed to help some. They also said to not let the phone get below 10% on a regular basis or keep it plugged in when its full to prevent battery damage. And if that doesn't work you have to try a factory reset and then if that doesn't work contact HTC'

What have I done is plug in for 10mns. Power off. Leave it plugged in and hold the power and both volume up and down for 2 mins. Numerous re-boots will take place.
    Then switched back on as normal
    Will see how it is tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

Stark wrote: »
    I'm having similar issues with kitkat 4.4.2 on a Samsung. Did a Google and it looks like a common issue with that version.

Same here. Highly annoying. Thought it might be google now so switched that off but still getting a situation where I leave for work at 8.30am at 100%, and its down to about 20% by the time I leave around 5.30pm.

bcmf wrote: »
    OK. I found a post on Android central where other where having the same problem.
    This is the post

'I was instructed by HTC to do a battery calibration. The process involves charging the phone for at least ten minutes, then powering it off making sure fastboot is unchecked and then hold power, volume up, and volume down for two minutes straight.. it will reboot several times. Seemed to help some. They also said to not let the phone get below 10% on a regular basis or keep it plugged in when its full to prevent battery damage. And if that doesn't work you have to try a factory reset and then if that doesn't work contact HTC'

What have I done is plug in for 10mns. Power off. Leave it plugged in and hold the power and both volume up and down for 2 mins. Numerous re-boots will take place.
    Then switched back on as normal
    Will see how it is tomorrow.
    So far not so good. A bit of moderate use and the battery is disappearing in front of my eyes.
    Will try switching of 3/4g and see.
    Will also drop an Email to HTC and do a hard reset then back to 3.

so switched off the constant searching for 3g/4g and ,so far, it seems to have slowed the battery drain down.
    Only tomorrow will really tell.

To do this its
    Settings -> Mobile Data -> Network Mode -> Uncheck GSM/WCDMA/LTE -> Check GSM/wCDMA auto

Hopefully this is will stop the constant searching.
    Thanks to El Inho in another thread for the suggestion.

Advertisement