Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

App for emailing a SMS on Samsung S3 to gmail?

Options
  • 05-04-2014 2:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭

Hi there can someone advise me of a good app on my Samsung galaxy S3 phone or google play store that will make a copy of a text message sent to me and forward it to gmail? I need to print text message with the date time and number of the sender as well. I have used an SMS backup app that has been sent to my gmail but it doesn't give the correct time or date that the text message was sent to my phone and I need this.

I will even pay for app if it does the above.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

I use SMS Backup+
    Its great and works away in the background and has the correct times etc.
    I cannot bring my phone to work so with this I can at least see texts coming in in my Gmail
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.zegoggles.smssync

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Amprodude

I use SMS Backup+
    Its great and works away in the background and has the correct times etc.
    I cannot bring my phone to work so with this I can at least see texts coming in in my Gmail
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.zegoggles.smssync

I have a message sent to me on 16th march. However by using this smsbackup it has todays date and time in gmail when it was sent. I need the former date on the backup. Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

Any backup I have all have the correct time and date. I am using a Nexus 4 but it was working on Sony S, HTC Desire, nexus 7 too

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Amprodude

Any backup I have all have the correct time and date. I am using a Nexus 4 but it was working on Sony S, HTC Desire, nexus 7 too

Sorry its working. I have the correct date and time now. I logged into gmail from PC and the info and details are there. Delighted.

Sorry about that and thanks for your help.

Regards,

Amprodude

Advertisement