Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gormanston platform sign

Options
  • 18-12-2013 10:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭

I'm hoping someone who passes Gormanston on a regulare basis can clear up a minor issue for something I'm trying to model.

On the platform signs, what text appears?

I've found a shot from the 80s which has
    Baile Mhic Gormáin
    Gormanston

And one from 2003 which shows
    Gormanstown
    Baile Mhic Gormáin

Has the spelling error on the newer version been corrected and if so, have the signs been changed as per An Teanga guidance to give primacy to the Irish?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Banjoxed

GBOA wrote: »
    I'm hoping someone who passes Gormanston on a regulare basis can clear up a minor issue for something I'm trying to model.

On the platform signs, what text appears?

I've found a shot from the 80s which has
    Baile Mhic Gormáin
    Gormanston

And one from 2003 which shows
    Gormanstown
    Baile Mhic Gormáin

Has the spelling error on the newer version been corrected and if so, have the signs been changed as per An Teanga guidance to give primacy to the Irish?

Thanks in advance.

Just for the crack, must do an FOI request in the new year to see how many complaints were made in non Irish speaking areas about incorrect signage.

How about replica Great Northern Railway signage instead? That would be nice. And appropriate to any existing GNR station as there was never any Irish language signage on the GNR, apart from a Fir/Mna on a council owned toilet at Hill of Howth, until CIE days.

Advertisement