Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

ive no issue with the fees for ando and nani. if we sold nani now, we would make a profit on him, he has been a success at the club and is a really good player, nobody can deny that.

ando goes from potential world class to absolutely awful in the space of a week. sadly those world class days get fewer and fewer as the seasons go on. it appears he has mental issues off the pitch and fergie is losing patience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Samich wrote: »
    Wiki says 46 million pounds for Nani & Anderson.

Please, for your own sake and our sanity, don't rely on Wikipedia for anything. I could go on now if I wanted and change that price to 34 million pounds. Then someone comes along and sees it and believes it. Tomorrow it could 50 million pounds.

DO NOT USE WIKIPEDIA AS A RESOURCE FOR INFORMATION!!!!!! LOUD NOISES!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭daveyboy_1ie

I remember united releasing the combined figure at the time of £32m and a lt f press were saying nani's buy out clause was £14m.

I think both were decent value for money as united could sell both near that value combined again

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

I remember united releasing the combined figure at the time of £32m and a lt f press were saying nani's buy out clause was £14m.

I think both were decent value for money as united could sell both near that value combined again
    A buy Nani for 32m get Ando free type deal? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Football-News/2012/Apr/fabio-to-go-out-on-loan.aspx - Fabio's gonna be out on loan next season. Another season of Evra at LB so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,771 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

baz2009 wrote: »
    http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Football-News/2012/Apr/fabio-to-go-out-on-loan.aspx - Fabio's gonna be out on loan next season. Another season of Evra at LB so.

Surely we will have to get someone in at LB if hes out on loan then even for cover?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,946 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Must have told him in enough time so he can get his head around not being with Rafael 99% of the time!

Makes no sense at all.

Although it will be good for him, a season playing regularly in the Premier League (it ****ing better be the EPL!!) and I think he'll come back as first choice LB.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Ferguson is a fool in that regard. Fabio should be starting every game.

Meanwhile, I wrote a new article for my blog, on a player who I reckon you guys should sign, Granit Xhaka. What do you guys think?

http://gkfootball.blogspot.com/2012/04/why-manchester-united-must-sign-granit.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Rebel Boy wrote: »
    I'm very nervous about tomorrows game. Such a big game. If we win tomorrow and win next weekend against Everton we'll be 8pts clear again before City play Wolves which they'll prob win as Wolves are very poor this season. Just have to take it one game at a time. Any win will do tomorrow but winning by a few goals to get up the goal difference would be an extra bonus. COME ON UNITED!!!!!!

I'm not too nervous about tomorrow, reckon we'll win, and I think it'll be easily enough. More than likely not though, but I do think we'll win.

I don't fancy the game against Everton at all. Hate when we play them, a good side defensively and are well able to nick a goal. Hate that fixture.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Fergie is probably going to try to get a season more out of Evra and wants Fabio to get as much experience a he can until that point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

baz2009 wrote: »

Seen that.
    Wonder if this will effect Raf since they do pretty much everything together and if Fabio goes on loan this will be their 1st time apart

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Fergie is probably going to try to get a season more out of Evra and wants Fabio to get as much experience a he can until that point.

But he has contributed almost nothing this season. Why would you want to get anything more out of him?

Very strange move imo. It'll do his development the world of good. But I don't know if I'll be able to handle another season of Evra. If he's anything like he was this season then I'll go grey sooner than expected I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Seen that.
    Wonder if this will effect Raf since they do pretty much everything together and if Fabio goes on loan this will be their 1st time apart

Send him to a Bolton or Wigan they'll be grand .

G.K. wrote: »

Meanwhile, I wrote a new article for my blog, on a player who I reckon you guys should sign, Granit Xhaka. What do you guys think?

http://gkfootball.blogspot.com/2012/04/why-manchester-united-must-sign-granit.html

Thought that was a brilliant write up, and I've never even heard of the lad. I think you're only a year or 2 younger than me, and you write that is unreal(no offense;)). Without doubt one of best posters around here at the moment. Keep em coming. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Send him to a Bolton or Wigan they'll be grand .

He could go higher than that. Maybe Newcastle or somewhere like that, he'd play regularly with almost all sides outside the top 6.

Strange and dissapointing as to how he could go from our first choice right back at the end of last season to where he is now. He definitely can't afford another season on the sidelines at his age.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

G.K. wrote: »

I really like the layout of your blog, so easy to read. That's one problem I tend to have with most blogs, they do be very difficult to read. Great articles too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Maybe Sunderland I think they're looking for a Lb with Richardson supposedly leaving at the end of the season and Bridge going back to City I don't think there will be shortage of clubs looking to sign him up .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

But he has contributed almost nothing this season. Why would you want to get anything more out of him?

Very strange move imo. It'll do his development the world of good. But I don't know if I'll be able to handle another season of Evra. If he's anything like he was this season then I'll go grey sooner than expected I think.
    I tend to agree, from a defensive viewpoint anyway, but it's clear Fergie rates him quite highly. Captain in Vida's absence and one of the first names on the teamsheet.

Match thread lads.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭DB21

Should be sending Zeki out on loan and starting Fabio more next season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

DB21 wrote: »
    Should be sending Zeki out on loan and starting Fabio more next season.

Plenty of cover ;) Jonny Evans can play there aswell as Valencia :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭DB21

Plenty of cover ;) Jonny Evans can play there aswell as Valencia :pac:

Start Tony V on the left??? Are you ****ing nuts?!?!

Maybe Giggs will adapt his game once more and switch to LB for the next 5 years? After that he can go in goal.

Pro. F wrote: »
    Dude seriously what is up with you? It's like you go out of your way to say stupid shìt.

What's your problem? Ja-hay-sus.
    Please, for your own sake and our sanity, don't rely on Wikipedia for anything. I could go on now if I wanted and change that price to 34 million pounds. Then someone comes along and sees it and believes it. Tomorrow it could 50 million pounds.

DO NOT USE WIKIPEDIA AS A RESOURCE FOR INFORMATION!!!!!! LOUD NOISES!!!!!

What resource have you?

It was a joke, my goodness.

In fairness DB, it was a joke(:pac: gave it away). Sure we all know he can't use his left foot.:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,220 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

In fairness DB, it was a joke(:pac: gave it away). Sure we all know he can't use his left foot.:(

That is untrue! I have discovered rare archive footage of an Antonio Valencia assist that came from his left foot.

http://www.sportyhub.com/league/manchester-united-4-2-west-ham-73-wayne-rooney-goal-hd-video_43a93af23.html

Shocking footage.

^^ Rooneys head :eek:

Didn't notice it that much at the start of the season. He looks way better now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,220 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

^^ Rooneys head :eek:

Didn't notice it that much at the start of the season. He looks way better now.

Still looks bad though. I think the phrase ''polished turd'' applies here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement