Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop battery seems to be dying

Options
  • 08-12-2008 10:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    When I first bought my laptop in May 07 (Toshiba Equium A100-027) the battery lasted about 3 hours. From fully charged, it now lasts approx 12 mins until it dies. Are there any last-ditch efforts I can make before having to buy a new battery?

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Hi all,
    When I first bought my laptop in May 07 (Toshiba Equium A100-027) the battery lasted about 3 hours. From fully charged, it now lasts approx 12 mins until it dies. Are there any last-ditch efforts I can make before having to buy a new battery?

If it's down to that amount of time, it's pretty much dead, it'll just die without warning one day and it wont be able to hold any charge after that, it happens to all batteries. It's pretty much new battery time. There are ways to prolong the life of your battery, such as removing it when the laptop is plugged in for prolonged periods, and storing it in a cool dry place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭bigpinkelephant

Could I remove it and just solely use the laptop when it's plugged in?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

Could I remove it and just solely use the laptop when it's plugged in?

yes, no problem there, perfect if using on a desk but if using on a couch or your lap if the power is removed it will die straight away

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

sometimes cleaning the bit where the battery connects to the laptop can make a difference, if there is corrosion etc preventing the battery from charging properly.

Advertisement