Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Shouldnt all cars now be sold with LED headlights etc?

Options
  • 03-01-2016 9:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,731 ✭✭✭✭

Shouldnt all cars these days, even cars on the lower budget price scale be fitted with LED bulbs..... or more specifically for headlights a Cree bulb?

I bought a handy little €20 torch light recently with a Cree bulb at the front and the light out of it is phenomenal and it only runs on 3 AA Batteries!! - in fact i think it can run continuous for 8 hours on 3 AA batteries so must be very low power

if they can build this technology easily and cheaply enough into torches then it should be implemented totally into cars lighting system. my torch uses the one cree bulb but has 2 different light brightness levels - so for a car headlight the lower brightness could be for dip and the high brightness for high beam.

This would surely help with the old age problems of 'leaving your lights on' and draining the battery.

Plus LED bulbs are long lasting (if not lifetime) , run cool and could end problems of 'having a light out'

I suppose you could replace your standard bulbs with LED bulbs. Have seen LED tail lights in halfords (mind you they do have a warning on them that they are for 'off road use only' strangely) - I havent seen any Cree headlamp bulbs yet... mind you I havent been looking extensively.

Advertisement