Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from personal issues

Options
  • 23-07-2015 7:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37,909 ✭✭✭✭

How do I appeal

Feel like crap cause if it

I have used the bereavement fourm to help deal with my personal problems

I think the ban should be reduced I quite simply forgot about the threads I set up earlier and didn't have time to try and find them ( could not locate them either). I didn't abuse offend anyone. I just asking for some advice instead of suffering alone.

If I'm reinstated I'm not going to post again on the forum other than bereavement fourm if needs be

I'm not a bad person just down on my luck

Comments

• Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Hi PTH2009,

Have you PM'd the moderator who banned you to try and discuss your options with him/her? If so, can you send them on to me?

Regards,
    Mike

• Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Hi PTH2009,

As promised, I have looked into your current ban in PI, and have both spoken to the moderator who you were in discussions with, and have read through your posting history in PI, including PMs to the moderators involved, and unfortunately I have come to the same conclusion as they have.

One of the basic tenets of the PI forum is that it is here as a sounding board for people who want to discuss their problems with people who may have had shared experiences, and more often than not, that is enough for our members to help them get through their problems. However, when the PI moderators recognise that a person is ignoring good advice, and is instead returning to the forum and using it as a crutch rather than seeking professional help, it is a PI moderator's responsibility to step in.

This is not a decision that PI mods take lightly, and having looked at your posting history and the sheer volume of threads that you have posted, it is clear that the moderators have tried every other approach up until now (including putting you in touch with various support organisations) in an attempt to encourage you to go and seek professional help, and as such I agree with the most recent step that they have taken - to permanently remove your access from the Personal Issues forum.

You are of course entitled to escalate this to a site administrator, but I would urge you instead to seek the help of a professional to help you work through these issues.

Regards,
    Mike

• Registered Users Posts: 37,909 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

mike_ie wrote: »
    Hi PTH2009,

As promised, I have looked into your current ban in PI, and have both spoken to the moderator who you were in discussions with, and have read through your posting history in PI, including PMs to the moderators involved, and unfortunately I have come to the same conclusion as they have.

One of the basic tenets of the PI forum is that it is here as a sounding board for people who want to discuss their problems with people who may have had shared experiences, and more often than not, that is enough for our members to help them get through their problems. However, when the PI moderators recognise that a person is ignoring good advice, and is instead returning to the forum and using it as a crutch rather than seeking professional help, it is a PI moderator's responsibility to step in.

This is not a decision that PI mods take lightly, and having looked at your posting history and the sheer volume of threads that you have posted, it is clear that the moderators have tried every other approach up until now (including putting you in touch with various support organisations) in an attempt to encourage you to go and seek professional help, and as such I agree with the most recent step that they have taken - to permanently remove your access from the Personal Issues forum.

You are of course entitled to escalate this to a site administrator, but I would urge you instead to seek the help of a professional to help you work through these issues.

Regards,
    Mike

I suffer from dsylexia so i forget things easily so i have to make new threads. I promise i will not post again in personal issues, the bereavement fourm really helped me through my recent family deaths. I want to take it an admin. Im not a bad person

Nobody in PI thinks you are a bad person - it's just that sometimes it can be easy to get caught up in the loop - I speak from experience here. I'm happy to bring this to admin attention for you, but before we go down that route, I've discussed this with the moderator in question, and we have no problem in allowing you access to the Bereavement forum only, if you have found that it has helped you. Let me know what you think.

Mike

• Registered Users Posts: 37,909 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

mike_ie wrote: »
    Nobody in PI thinks you are a bad person - it's just that sometimes it can be easy to get caught up in the loop - I speak from experience here. I'm happy to bring this to admin attention for you, but before we go down that route, I've discussed this with the moderator in question, and we have no problem in allowing you access to the Bereavement forum only, if you have found that it has helped you. Let me know what you think.

Mike

sorry for the delay on getting back to you i would be happy if i was given access to the bereavement fourm.

• Advertisement

No problem PTH2009 - I have reinstated your access to the bereavement forum - let me know via PM if you have any issues in accessing it.

With that, I'll request that this DRP be closed.

Regards,
    ~Mike

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement