Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Geography coursework.

Options
  • 25-02-2015 8:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

To be fairly frank, I don't trust my geography teacher, he's claiming that the word limit on the coursework is only a guideline and he is saying that we should write to fill every page, and disregard the limit. Anybody got some insight into this? Need an A/B and don't want this to be my downfall..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Kremin

As far as I know they won't count the words... as long as you're not cramming, say two lines into one, like top on bottom and it gets messy you shouldn't worry. You should aim to fill every page though honestly, just keep it neat.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Seanf999

We are told in my school that you could write 10 pages or 10 lines and so long as both have covered everything both will get full marks.
    It's really about explaining everything but never explaining twice in a question.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,130 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Read the Chief Examiner's report about the Geography field study.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

The amount of marks you'll lose for going over the word limit is minimal. To be honest, they never check the word count anyway.

Advertisement