Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pop Quiz

Options
  • 25-02-2015 12:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭

They have one of these in the Junior Cert boards so I thought we could do with one as well! The way it works is someone posts a question, then the next person answers the question and if they get it right they get to ask the next question (just include your question in the same post as your answer to prevent unnecessary 'correction' posts cluttering the thread)
    I will start with an easy one: in maths, define 'integer'.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭d1234

A number which is not expressed as a fraction!

My turn: chemistry

Give one use of ketones.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭emersyn

d1234 wrote: »
    A number which is not expressed as a fraction!

My turn: chemistry

Give one use of ketones.

Because they are excellent solvents they are important in manufacturing industrial products such as paints and nail-varnish removers (acetone)

Biology: Give two characteristics of the fungi kingdom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭expiiplus1

d1234 you are wrong. Root 2 and other surds cannot be expressed as fractions, yet clearly aren't integers. Try again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭Blue giant

expiiplus1 wrote: »
    d1234 you are wrong. Root 2 and other surds cannot be expressed as fractions, yet clearly aren't integers. Try again.

Positive and negative whole numbers?

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭STEEL COMET

this is going to cause war!

• Advertisement
Advertisement