Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

sore calf

• 16-02-2015 10:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

hi, just wondering if any one has the same experience as im having or can advise me .since january 5 everytime i go to run my left calf tightens and it feels like someone is sticking a knife into the back of it . Ive been to 2 different physios and they both say there is no tear massage the calf and tell me to carry on running, any advice would be appreciated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

Have you tried foam rolling your calfs?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Plainjane112

I would make an appointment with an osteopath.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭physiopad

tommy mc wrote: »
    hi, just wondering if any one has the same experience as im having or can advise me .since january 5 everytime i go to run my left calf tightens and it feels like someone is sticking a knife into the back of it . Ive been to 2 different physios and they both say there is no tear massage the calf and tell me to carry on running, any advice would be appreciated

Unfortunately unable to give you medical advise as per boards chartered. I would suggest finding a Chartered Physiotherapist preferably with experience in treating running injuries.

What type of "physio" did you see initially?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭ECOLII

How long are you running?
    Changed footwear recently?
    What was your training like over the Christmas period?

As has been alluded to might be no harm to get an opinion from someone who has a track record with treating runners as being aware of a sports specific functional movement patterns can give them an insight into whats going on.

physiopad The whole physio/physical therapist debate is one which people like to use but a chartered physio does not imply rate of success. Physiotherapy is a profession which deals beyond the overuse injuries or sports injuries, with patients such as stroke rehabilitation, cancer remission patients and other patients with visceral and nervous pathologies. My advice would be look at someone with a good track record in dealing with injuries within that sport be it physiotherapist, physical therapist, osteopath etc.

(I think people on both sides of that argument would like to be able to get away from the confusion titles of their profession as there are positive and negative connotations to each depending on who you are dealing with)

*Speaking as a neuromuscular physical therapist so might be construed as being on the defensive

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

Ecoli's advice is good here:
    As has been alluded to might be no harm to get an opinion from someone who has a track record with treating runners as being aware of a sports specific functional movement patterns can give them an insight into whats going on.

Unfortunately we can't give medical advice as per charter:
    We do not give out medical advice. Injuries may have common symptoms but are unique to the individual - just because you were able to keep training with X injury or were out for months because of Y doesn't mean that the same will apply to someone else. Bad advice given here and followed through could aggravate an injury and prevent an athlete making a full recovery in as rapid a time as possible. This restriction is Boards-wide and purposely heavy-handed. So don't feel offended if your thread about a sprained ankle (which you may deem "non-medical") gets locked.

If you want recommendations for good physio's in your area, PM a Mod and we will reopen the thread.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement