Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Speed van?

Options
  • 10-10-2014 9:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭

Today I Came arround a corner at 55 in a 50 zone only to see a speed van, dropped down to 40 instantly! The van had only arrived as I passed that same road 20 min previous and there was no van. A friend just told me I am safe enough and won't get a fine as the van needs 45 min to set up after it arrives at its destination?? Is this correct??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

45 min set up somehow I think someone telling a tale.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,040 ✭✭✭mikeecho

4 to 5 min setup is more realistic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭Sobanek

I went past a speed van at 60 on a 50 and got nothing. You should be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Sobanek wrote: »
    I went past a speed van at 60 on a 50 and got nothing. You should be grand.

Fine on it's way....

We knew we would catch you admitting to it:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭Sobanek

Fine on it's way....

We knew we would catch you admitting to it:p

6 months and still waiting for it :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭whizbang

I saw a van setting up last week, he was out with what looked to me like a tripod and a measuring stick behind the van.

anyone know whats going on there?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,114 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

whizbang wrote: »
    I saw a van setting up last week, he was out with what looked to me like a tripod and a measuring stick behind the van.

anyone know whats going on there?

When they are setting up they have to calibrate the equipment.

Advertisement