Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

So, I was watching 24...

• 30-07-2008 4:33am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭

And I got thinking to myself....

Let's say, hypothetically, that your family were being held hostage, and the hostage takers demanded you do some of their dirty work to ensure their safe return.

Let's say, you have to kill someone(of no significant importance), you have to rob a bank as well as numerous other illegal activities.

Contacting the police is not an option.

At the end of it all, your family is returned but you are eventually arrested.

So, you've committed murder, theft etc etc, all to protect your family.

Do you deserve to be punished for your crimes, do you deserve to go to prison?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

If you are willing to murder someone for your family, then you should be willing to go to jail for them.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Phlann

hussey wrote: »
    If you are willing to murder someone for your family, then you should be willing to go to jail for them.

Eh, no.

Killing is one thing, I could do that. Being some dude's prison-bitch is quite another.

No thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,902 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Svae them then do a burner never to return. Life on the run ftw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Svae them then do a burner never to return. Life on the run ftw.

Lolcat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,738 ✭✭✭Naos

Phlann wrote: »
    Eh, no.

Killing is one thing, I could do that. Being some dude's prison-bitch is quite another.

No thanks.

I'm not too sure this happens in Ireland all that much? Never heard any reports of it anyway.

America would be a different situation altogether.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,507 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I guess you'd be hardened enough by that stage and wouldn't necessarily end up as a prag. The court should see the mitigating circumstances and reduce your punishment by one year for every life you save.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,503 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

What the hell is up with the act of humping men in American prisons? Are a sizable number of prisoners gay?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭DubTony

What the hell is up with the act of humping men in American prisons? Are a sizable number of prisoners gay?

Nope. But after a few years of knuckle shuffling, any hole will do (and it's probably better if it wriggles around a bit).

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

It's only gay if you're taking it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭runningman

It's only gay if you're taking it.

And pushing back and smiling!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Think theres a film roughly along these lines coming out soon...

Hawk Eye

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭truecrippler

Frisbee wrote: »
    Think theres a film roughly along these lines coming out soon...

Hawk Eye

I think you're thinking of the t.v. series "24". :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Duress? Threat of serious harm to self or family? Anybody?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Carsinian Thau

qz wrote: »
    Duress? Threat of serious harm to self or family? Anybody?

YES!!! *High five*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Yo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Carsinian Thau

qz wrote: »

So we endorse duress?

Sweet.

Next up. Insurance fraud.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,059 ✭✭✭kirving

That'd never happen, Jack Bauer's the hardest man on TV remember. He'd kill the kidnappersalong with about 400 arabs and disarm the bomb within the next 24 hours!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

In the event of that happeneing to Jack Bauer, he would kidnap the judges family until he eventually wins. Tony Almedia just doesn't know how to play the game.

Advertisement