Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mtron MOBI SSDs: the alternative review

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Chosen

peterpiper wrote: »
    Hey Chosen, I ordered 2x 32gb 3000's from Realta. You planted a seed when I was buying the Watercooling gear off you. Just waiting on them to come in. Is there any real advantage to going for 3.5" as opposed to 2.5"? Thinking 2.5" might be useful for Lappy down the road..
    Oh, and where did you pick up the Areca from and how much?

Wait until you get your hands on them and you will see these seeds become excitement :D
    2.5-3.5 -> same performance, same price. But as you said, 2.5 can slip nicely in a laptop and make it feel like a whole lot of an upgrade. On the other hand, the 3.5 doesn't need any more modding to fit in a desktop, it's all about priorities ;)

I got the Areca from Realta as well, around €230 including shipping and it was totally worth it. It's not on their website, but the Realta guy is very friendly and found exactly what I asked him, cause the only place that brings Areca's (Scan.co.uk) only has the external ones in stock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

Flaccus wrote: »
    It's brilliant allright but wait for my 8 core Xeon / Tri-Sli GTX 280 / 4 x 128 Mtron Pro 7500 rig :D:D

Nforce - what's the story with the Lian Li..easy to fit long PSU's, do you need to take out drive rails/cages to make them fit. And what about gpu cooling ? Dont they give you a 3rd fan you mount on a sidebar and can swivel, and does the bar fit with the gx2's in place. And what are noise levels like with the fan controller. And vibration from the chasis, especially the thick side panels (my last vseries had this problem). Thanks.

The Lian Li easily takes the Thermaltake PSU. No need to move any HDD cages (you can't move these anyhow as they are fixed in situ). The GX2's run hot ...but i've increased the fan speed (and noise:rolleyes::p) with Rivatuner to keep the temps in check.I also mounted the 3rd fan below my optical drives so that it blows cool air over the cards. Noise levels overall are very acceptable though I prefer more headroom for overclocking so i'm running the fans on max (including the Tuniq Tower). I've not suffered any panel vibration from my case. Overall the system is fantastic....but the 790i is very finicky when it comes to memory. I'd run into some stability problems with all of the ram slots populated with the maximum 8GB of memory so i'll probably be swapping out my DDR3 soon.:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭CivilServant

Prices have gone up on http://www.realta.ie/solutions.html but now include free registered courier post within the EU.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭peterpiper

Got mine up and running. Very Happy! Got them through Realta.ie. Great Service. You'll never go back to Raptors again..!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 CC_

Anyone tested the new Mitron 3500 SSD? It is much cheaper than the 3000 series.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭SeanW

Prices have gone up on http://www.realta.ie/solutions.html but now include free registered courier post within the EU.
    They don't quote prices on that page.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

SeanW wrote: »
    They don't quote prices on that page.
    Click the "view our online shop" link.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭SeanW

I cannot believe some of those prices - the 64GB version of the MOBI 3535, SLC flash (the good stuff), 3.5 form factor, with presumably Mtrons massive transfer speed, €367 before VAT
    http://www.realta.ie/ssdrive-ssd-shop/26-mtron-mobi-3535-slc-ssd-35-desktop-size.html

Why didn't I see this before jumping into the SSD game? :(
    *runs off to a corner to cry*

Defo going to bookmark that website for when I'm next building a rig.

SeanW wrote: »
    I cannot believe some of those prices - the 64GB version of the MOBI 3535, SLC flash (the good stuff), 3.5 form factor, with presumably Mtrons massive transfer speed, €367 before VAT
    http://www.realta.ie/ssdrive-ssd-shop/26-mtron-mobi-3535-slc-ssd-35-desktop-size.html

Why didn't I see this before jumping into the SSD game? :(
    *runs off to a corner to cry*

Defo going to bookmark that website for when I'm next building a rig.

As a matter of fact there may be significant difference in the performances. Beside the speed of sustained read IOPS matter a lot. That is why I asked if anyone has tested it.

• Advertisement

CC_ wrote: »
    As a matter of fact there may be significant difference in the performances. Beside the speed of sustained read IOPS matter a lot. That is why I asked if anyone has tested it.

Either I have missread the IOPS first time, or it has been changed on the Mitron hompage, but there is no difference there. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ifoolu

Hi Chosen
    I was trying to find out if you are stil selling your gear?

Advertisement