Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Woman sits on toilet for 2 years

• 13-03-2008 3:25am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080312/ap_on_re_us/woman_in_bathroom

WICHITA, Kan. - Authorities are considering charges in the bizarre case of a woman who sat on her boyfriend's toilet for two years — so long that her body was stuck to the seat by the time the boyfriend finally called police.

Ness County Sheriff Bryan Whipple said it appeared the 35-year-old Ness City woman's skin had grown around the seat. She initially refused emergency medical services but was finally convinced by responders and her boyfriend that she needed to be checked out at a hospital.

"We pried the toilet seat off with a pry bar and the seat went with her to the hospital," Whipple said. "The hospital removed it."

Whipple said investigators planned to present their report Wednesday to the county attorney, who will determine whether any charges should be filed against the woman's 36-year-old boyfriend.

"She was not glued. She was not tied. She was just physically stuck by her body," Whipple said. "It is hard to imagine. ... I still have a hard time imagining it myself."

He told investigators he brought his girlfriend food and water, and asked her every day to come out of the bathroom.

"And her reply would be, `Maybe tomorrow,'" Whipple said. "According to him, she did not want to leave the bathroom."

The boyfriend called police on Feb. 27 to report that "there was something wrong with his girlfriend," Whipple said, adding that he never explained why it took him two years to call.

Police found the clothed woman sitting on the toilet, her sweat pants down to her mid-thigh. She was "somewhat disoriented," and her legs looked like they had atrophied, Whipple said.

"She said that she didn't need any help, that she was OK and did not want to leave," he said.

She was reported in fair condition at a hospital in Wichita, about 150 miles southeast of Ness City. Whipple said she has refused to cooperate with medical providers or law enforcement investigators.

Authorities said they did not know if she was mentally or physically disabled.

Police have declined to release the couple's names, but the house where authorities say the incident happened is listed in public records as the residence of Kory McFarren. No one answered his home phone number.

The case has been the buzz of Ness City, said James Ellis, a neighbor.

"I don't think anybody can make any sense out of it," he said.

Ellis said he had known the woman since she was a child but that he had not seen her for at least six years.

He said she had a tough childhood after her mother died at a young age and apparently was usually kept inside the house as she grew up. At one time the woman worked for a long-term care facility, he said, but he did not know what kind of work she did there.

"It really doesn't surprise me," Ellis said. "What surprises me is somebody wasn't called in a bit earlier."

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,899 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

I was gonna post that here but opted for BGRH instead.

My title's better :p ......

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055254391

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

:eek::eek: ouch is all I can say! How weird!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

"Authorities said they did not know if she was mentally or physically disabled."

Any chance she was just constipated?

That's bizarre. The bf should have called for medical help after a couple of days ffs. I mean, how long does he think it takes to have a dump.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

2 years? Bah.... I would barely have pins and needles at that stage. Lightweight.

Seriously though this is crazy. The problem is there's probably no crime actually committed in this case. I expect there's nothing they can actually charge the guy with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

How did she sleep?

• Advertisement

kraggy wrote: »
    How did she sleep?

Sitting up I'd imagine...

Shock headline: Woman spends ages in bathroom! :D

Maybe she is a militant feminist who got so fed up of the boyfriend leaving the seat up she decided to take drastic action.

How did she sleep?

Like a log :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Feelgood

She obviously didn't read this, might have helped. Recommend it to everyone.

javaboy wrote: »

Why the rolleyes? It was a genuine question.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

FlutterinBantam has finally found his ideal woman!

Why the rolleyes? It was a genuine question.

Sorry meant to use the embarrassment smiley because I was making such a bad pun about logs. I'll use it twice now. Once for the original pun and once for accidentally eyerolling you. :o:o

It was quite the pun though so maybe you should log out while you're ahead!

Sorry meant to use the embarrassment smiley because I was making such a bad pun about logs. I'll use it twice now. Once for the original pun and once for accidentally eyerolling you. :o:o

That's ok :rolleyes:

Oops, Sorry! Meant this one :)

Xavi6 wrote: »
    It was quite the pun though so maybe you should log out while you're ahead!

Don't just pooh pooh my contribution like that :eek:

Ah lads, stop talkin sh1t!

Well if this keeps up it won't be long before the sh*t hits the fan and the thread is dump-ed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

after a bad night of Bulmers and curry it can feel like i spend 2 years on the bog.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Where did the guy go to the toilet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Dr Strange

I've heard about in-grown toenails but in-grown toilet-seats? Bizarre.

• Advertisement

Gordon wrote: »

The ensuite?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Tazdedub

How did they have sexy time?:D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

thats 2 years of sitting on a toilet without a shower... i imagine the smell might have been a bit much

Here's some estimates for how long we spend on the throne in our lifetimes:
    Women - six months: It's a quick in and out of the lav for ladies. Few spend any time reading magazines in the bathroom.

Men - three years: Spending an amazing 40 minutes a day on the loo certainly clocks up over a lifetime, chaps.

Maybe she saw one of these stats and said "Well I'll get it all out of the way now so I don't have to worry about it again."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

Its obvious she was watching Leathal Weapon 2 and got paronoid about a toilet bomb, We all have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭togster

In another toilet i hope.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

Wonder if she flushed the toilet at any stage. I can imagine she'd be sucked into it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭mental07

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

reminds me of that episode in nip tuck where they have to surgically remove this woman from the couch as she had fused with it in that exact same manner. was pretty grim

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Where did she get her clothes? The Toilet store?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Howard the Duck

She was probably doing a really hard crossword or had big colouring book to finish

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

maybe she had a REALLY dodgy curry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭Exit

I literally just don't get this story. Why did she decide to sit on the toilet all that time? Why didn't the boyfriend do anything about it after the first couple of hours, let alone wait two years.

Really bizarre story!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

kelle wrote: »
    Wonder if she flushed the toilet at any stage. I can imagine she'd be sucked into it.

I'd imagine she must have, it would have really piled up if not

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

Why didnt the guy leave the food just out of her reach? She could choose between starving to death or ripping the skin off her arse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Golden shower.

Where's Fluttering Bantam to weigh in on this one?
    I mean that's one big dump.
    He must be creaming himself over this story.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,585 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Maybe it was the ultimate lingering sh!t smell? We all know what Im talking about! :cool:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

I assume he worked around her..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭themadchef

This story is fascinating.

I mean seriously, think about it 2 years. Just sitting there. Food brought into you. Kacks round your ankles. Wtf do you do all day?, admire the view?

She must have been in some kind of catatonic state. "Nothin to see here lads, quite comfy... actually, can anyone pass me the salt"?

Imagine the smell of 2 year old unwashed flesh, in a bacteria filled environment? If she ever got sick, did she use the sink? Was he kind enough to replace the toilet roll :eek:.

As for sex. i can only imagine her giving him oral (wonder did he wear a gas mask?..Or did he return the gesture) think I'm gonna be sick now.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,053 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

o_0

Look lady: either ****, or get off the pot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭talullah

ok thats the weirdest thing iv heard in a while.....

she must have been so bored sittin there for all that time....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,584 ✭✭✭✭Steve

'course it all started with

"Honey, does my bum look big in this?"

:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭togster

On CNN last night they said she had a "phobia" of some sort that stopped her getting of the toilet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭tech77

Thrill wrote: »
    Any chance she was just constipated?

That's bizarre. The bf should have called for medical help after a couple of days ffs. I mean, how long does he think it takes to have a dump.
    Feelgood wrote: »
    She obviously didn't read this, might have helped. Recommend it to everyone.
    dancor wrote: »
    Its obvious she was watching Leathal Weapon 2 and got paronoid about a toilet bomb, We all have.
    She was probably doing a really hard crossword or had big colouring book to finish
    phasers wrote: »
    maybe she had a REALLY dodgy curry
    TPD wrote: »
    Why didnt the guy leave the food just out of her reach? She could choose between starving to death or ripping the skin off her arse.
    Sully wrote: »
    I assume he worked around her..

LMFAO.
    Funniest. Thread. Ever. (probably)
    Lethal weapon one is priceless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Maybe she liked receiving a Lumpkin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

Anyone remember this weird story?

Well the girls bf has been given 6 months probation because of it.

http://english.pravda.ru/news/society/30-07-2008/105934-toilet_seat-0

He was also sentenced to 6 months in jail for exposing himself to a teenage neighbour in March. Filthy sod.

Probation? Wtf?!

Disgrace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

mental07 wrote: »
    404? I thought that was Maddie's nickname?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Captain Ginger

I heard the place was a bit of a dump.

Advertisement