Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HELP WITH GEOGRAPHY!

Options
  • 19-02-2015 2:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 34

i find the geography really hard.
    i mean the essays are easy but we already done 70+ essays and in the mocks we only covered half of the essays!
    i feel like any essay could come up??
    i studied 20essays out of the 70 and only 2-3 i can do :(
    i find it soooo hard so any tips to avoid some questions or do some essays?
    im not expecting to know ALL essays am i?
    by the way i feel that the amount of time in the exam is another difficulty.!

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,131 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Essays do not come up, so it's pointless learning them off.

Questions come up and you must answer what is asked in the question, not jam some learned off essay into it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 621 ✭✭✭if832uspx4eogt

There's no other way do the course apart from learning stuff off though.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭OMGeary

If you learn off the SRPs and examples for each topic you can slot them in to fit the essays

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

Learn key facts. Instead of learning the order of 500~ words, you could learn 15 SRPs (heck, 1-3 SRPs can be given just be doing a good opening and diagram).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭wallywhittle

Keep memorizing as many essays as you can to cover all corners, its the only way if your weak in this subject.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭RoRo979

while spurious is right, time is tight and i believe shortcuts must be taken, i am learning essays and believe will work for me, keep in mind MNC's and plate margins have a wide range of questions so prepare lots

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Inhalerguy

Our teacher has told us to simply learn your SRPs (significant relevant points) and then be able to elaborate on everything but only elaborate/explain once (ie if chemical weathering is explained at the start there is no need to explain it again of its mentioned)
    I've always been alright with geography by simple 'precise waffling' just write and write but keep it to the point and know these a per question and judge the time you should spend accordingly

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

RoRo979 wrote: »
    ... time is tight and i believe shortcuts must be taken ...
    Sometimes shortcuts turn out to be the long way round. ;)

Advertisement