Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Damage to car - update

Options
  • 10-10-2014 11:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭

Following on from my previous post about damage to my car given out on loan and monies owed I am happy to confirm that the monies owed to be have been paid back in full

However, I have been left without a car as a result. Upon closer inspection by my mechanic after the failed Nct we found the following wrong, most of which was worryingly not picked up on by the Nct

Perished front brake lines

Master brake cylinder on way out

Engine mount fully gone

Exhaust system totally out of line with the car which led to damage of the flange seals

Cat not heating up enough barely just passing emissions test

Rear brake pads

O2 sensor

engine running rich

Front brake lines perished

Oil leak coming from somewhere

Mechanic is 100% certain car got a whack of somethin

Of course whilst I will never know how much of this was caused exclusively in the last 6 months

The mechanic has said it is all fixable but not worth putting that type of money into a €500 car and well I have to concede defeat and the car is going to be scrapped

Lesson learnt!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

Good to hear you got a few quid, pity the car is goosed though.

Advertisement