Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What movie is this?

• 06-04-2005 4:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭

A man walks along a street. The winds starts to get up and a loose sheet of newspaper gets stuck to his leg. He pulls it off but another piece sticks to his arm. As he goes to take that off, more pieces get stuck to him until he's completely covered in newspaper.

Then either the wind dies down or someone comes along. Either way, the paper falls away and the man is gone!

Anyone know what movie this is? It's about 20 years since I saw this scene and I wouldn't mind seeing the rest of the movie.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

It's Brazil by Terry Gilliam.

The man would have been Robert DeNiro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

Cheers, monkeyfudge. I don't fancy my chances of renting that down Xtravision.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Very good show. Shouldn't be too hard to buy on DVD - a nice Criterion edition came out not so long ago.

You might get lucky. I've certainly seen far more obscure films in Xtravision.

play.com have it for £6.99 here

It's a very good film. Well worth owning.

Goodshape wrote:
    Very good show. Shouldn't be too hard to buy on DVD - a nice Criterion edition came out not so long ago.
    Yeah. The Criterion edition sounds interesting. Doesn't it have as an extra feature the cut of the film that the studio wanted on it...

The studio didn't want to release Brazil the way Gilliam wanted it.

So I'd say the studio version could be very funny to watch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Yea. Actually, I'm not sure it got released over here (the Criterion edition that is). My copy is region one and comes with three discs - the directors cut of the film, the studio cut of the film (about 40mins shorter and edited so much that it's quite a different story) and another disc with a fair few documentarys.

Plus commentary on both versions of the film. Well worth picking up if you get the chance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

On sky movies classic 2 @ 11pm tonight.

But i sure when you read this tomorrow it mean nothing :D

/its actually always on.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭solo1

Terry Gilliam has a gift all right. Only Terry Gilliam could cast Robert deNiro in a small role as a renegade terrorist plumber and get away with it. Only Terry Gilliam could make a movie based on a large part of "Nineteen Eighty-Four" the same year that John Hurt and Richard Burton star in the far more literal (and hence not as good) "Nineteen Eighty-Four" and get away with it.

and so on.

Advertisement