Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

recommend in the vain of...

• 04-04-2005 1:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

Ok i'm looking for films like these. This is a short list of films that I really enjoyed and would love to know of others that are in that style.

American beauty, Amelie, Donnie Darko, Rules of attraction, before sunrise + before sunset, American history x.

These are all movies that affected me and its actually really hard to find good movies these days. Any recommendations?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Alana

a very long engagement, three colours movies-red, blue, white, big fish, eternal sunshine for the spotless mind-THE BEST FILM OF THE YEAR (ok last year..but still amazing-really thought provoking), best bet is to go to laser and av a looky see..i'll av to av a look thru my collection and c...(ah die hard...xcellente)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

A movie not in the vein of anything but that actually affected me was "Save the Green Planet!" - just released on DVD. Well recommended - I'm sure others here can back me up on this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭herobear

bellx wrote:
    American beauty, Amelie, Donnie Darko, Rules of attraction, before sunrise + before sunset, American history x.

they're all about young people removed/dissafected by society and/or relationships....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭Juggalo

ixoy wrote:
    A movie not in the vein of anything but that actually affected me was "Save the Green Planet!" - just released on DVD. Well recommended - I'm sure others here can back me up on this.

That film is really strange, but great nonetheless.

I would recommend Requiem for a Dream.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

ixoy wrote:

I fully endorse this recommendation.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Garden state may be right up your tree.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 bellx

herobear wrote:
    they're all about young people removed/dissafected by society and/or relationships....

Oh I suppose they are in a sense, I think I like that theme, and i'm sure it relates to me somewhat but they are still great movies. Thanks for the suggestions people.

Advertisement