Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UGC Unlimited - Where's the catch?

Options
  • 02-04-2005 1:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I am considering signing up for UGC unlimited film card at 15.99 per month. I enquired about it in the cinema, and TBH, I can't really see a catch. I know that you can't book except on the day of the showing, but they do have an advance booking line for the cardholders now.

Has anynoe used this line?

Is it automated?

Are there any limitations on advance booking, like limited availability, interminable hold times etc?

I had read other posts, from last year, who said that basically it's fine, except for the lack of advance booking. This now seems to be rectified. Y/N?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭herobear

there isnt really a catch tbh, only thing is is that you cant buy more than one ticket at a time, which means that you have to go down to the foyer and queue each time you want to see a film(also some of the staff are quite cool and will willingly break that rule for you, depending on their mood).
    also you're supposed to show the ticket stub collector person your card when asked(although again, most staff are too lazy/dont care)

ive only used the automated booking line once, its automated and works generally fine, only thing is you need a credit card handy because you're charged 40c booking fee for each ticket you book(upto 1.20 i think) but that goes for both normal and unlimited bookings.
    i dont think theres any limitations on advance booking, other than you're suppoosed to pick up your ticket at least 30 minutes before the screening

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

The place is a kip.

Small catch but painfully obvious on entrance.

kdjac

its better than SCREEN tbh, that hole stinks!!!
    cant comment about tthe savoy, but the IFI is the only city center thats has better screens

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

What are you on about kdjac?! It's not a kip, 'cept for the toilets which suffer from idiot vandals. Some of the clients leave a bit to be desired at times but calling the place a kip is just odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭Ro-76

herobear wrote:
    ...you're suppoosed to pick up your ticket at least 30 minutes before the screening

Do you have to collect them from the counter (ie queue with everyone else), or can you use the automated machines?

The queueing wrecks my head, and that't the main reason I have not signed up for it yet.

Ro

• Advertisement

you have to use the machines

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭Ro-76

herobear wrote:
    you have to use the machines
    That's perfect then. The only difference to waht I'm currently doing is that I cannot book online.

Ro

• Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

extended warranty , how can i lose?! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11 kevfuzz

Just one other think to note is that the minimum contract is a year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭sleepwalker

i use to always get the megapass back when it was still virgin that thing rocked 15 quid and i saw about 10 films a month with it

the one year contract dealy with ugc unlimited is what turns me off this one plus i dont really have the time for going into town and watching films which is a pity. sounds perfect if your gonna be sitting on your arse for 3 months this summer with not much to do though

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

herobear wrote:
    i dont think theres any limitations on advance booking, other than you're suppoosed to pick up your ticket at least 30 minutes before the screening
    Me arse you do. I've picked them up after the film's listed time has passed. It gave out to me once, saying it couldn't print the tickets as a result, but then it printed them anyway. Lying machine!

the key words here are suppoosed to :P

nice to see the machines in ugc have a sense of humour if nothing else(the machines in SCREEN are absolute b****es, they tried to re-swallow my tickets the other day)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

UGC a kip ? I would have said it was one of the most clean and shiney cinemas in Dublin..

Advertisement